Speeder crew

Ok, the excellent minis wbk666's son painted inspired me to try something a wee bit different this time. I decided to see how far I could go with just the airbrush.

Eyes and similar sized detail are out, but how about major surfaces?

Well, you be the judge. The edge highlights were applied traditionally, the head and ammo pouches were painted separately, but for the most part this is an airbrushed mini.

I really enjoyed painting him, even though it took umpteen times as long. There are five more to go, which should keep me busy for a while. :D

IMGP4361.jpg

IMGP4360.jpg

IMGP4362.jpg

;) And getting flatter- he's still to get varnished, marked up as Raven Guard, get his bolter barrel drilled, possibly take a blue/purple wash on his armour and take a 'hit' on his left shoulder guard. :D

Sadly, none of that will make him stand out any better... :(

But more of that tomorrow... :)

Looks alright possibly a bit flat tho if you don't mind my saying buddy

Hey that wasnt a negative comment buddy, hope that i didnt come across like it was sorry,

:lol: Hardly, charley! I want constructive criticism.

You're right, he does look flat. Some RG markings and a little work on the bolter might make him 'pop', but I don't want to over egg it, especially since I consciously chose the Ravens over more colourful chapters.

But this is the reason he's in work in progress- so I can get some feedback on how he looks before I finish up and move on to something else.

To be honest I was a bit worried the blue material part was too bright! :winkgrin:

Try a thin wash of graveyard earth over some of the details, especially the boots. Also, think about changing the colour of the bolter strap, a brown might add a bit of variation?

Just some suggestions - I like the face, you don't need to paint eyes - in fact, I think it looks more realistic when they aren't painted (minis certainly look less surprised :P )