Using old Micro Mask

Nigel Heath

I have just restarted modelling after leaving the hobby for some twenty years. Most of my paints and materials are still intact after their protracted storage but I seam to have hit a problem with an old bottle of Micro Mask. I have used it a couple of times now on matt painted surfaces and have experienced problems when trying to remove it. If painted on in a thin single layer it has proved a nightmare to demask. It will come off if painted on thickly or if several coats are appled. I don't remember having to use it like this before which is a bit of a pain. I much prefer Micro Mask to Humbrol's Maskol but am wondering if it has "gone off" after all this time. It also have a tendency to string which I don't remember it doing before.

Has anyone else had this problem? Perhaps I should bin it and get a fresh bottle. Comments welcomed.

Thanks,

Nigel

Sorry old chap but this is not the part of the forum for modelling issues.

This is the help section for site issues.

You could however try this part of the forum which might supply you with more answers.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showforum=68

As a simple but obvious answer though I would just throw the old stuff out and buy some nice new stuff. Its not that expensive really.

And you get peace of mind that it should do what it says on the tin.