2 Latino's

Mikkel

Hello!

Here's my to builds for this GB.

I'm building a Mustang from Guatemala, funny scheme and a Salvadoran Corsair (not so funny)

The Mustang just looked so cool I had to build it :D

mustangacrobaticoaos50niz21.jpg

FG.jpg

Sooo progress (yeah right... :P)

Cheers,

Mikkel

Hey Mikkel:

This Stang from Guatemala was flown in the fifties with others painted in the same way as an aerobatic team named "Escuadrilla Acrobática F 51" (Aerobatic Team F 51). It would be nice if you have in mind a WIP.

Also, there are other nicely looking Guatemalan Stangs as the number 315, just one you could find in an Aztec Decal Sheet Number 72-045. My modelling club had a competition for this one plane as theme celebrating the 315 as the oldest F 51 Mustang in Guatemalan Air Force Service since 1954 thru 1972.

This sheet also has other Guatemalan Air Force subjects you can model to embelish your Latino Collection. Anything I could help, just ask.

Cheers from Guatemala,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Thanks Alpa Delta

I will use the Academy F4U-1D and Tamiya P-51D. Decals are spare from the spare box/aztec :)

Cockpit on both are almost done, I'll post something tomorrow :)

Luis:

I will post as much as possible :)

The aztec sheet is very interesting, but I hoped that the Guatemalan Mustang with the lightning down the side, was there. Now thats cool :D

perfilesfag3.jpg

Normaly I wouldn't do a NMF Mustang, cause I suck painting Silver, but the Guatemalan ones are very cool!

I have a photo of the 315 in Escuadrilla Acrobática F 51 colours, I'll make that one then :)

Very best regards

Mikkel

Thanks Alpa Delta

I will use the Academy F4U-1D and Tamiya P-51D. Decals are spare from the spare box/aztec :)

Cockpit on both are almost done, I'll post something tomorrow :)

Luis:

I will post as much as possible :)

The aztec sheet is very interesting, but I hoped that the Guatemalan Mustang with the lightning down the side, was there. Now thats cool :D

perfilesfag3.jpg

Normaly I wouldn't do a NMF Mustang, cause I suck painting Silver, but the Guatemalan ones are very cool!

I have a photo of the 315 in Escuadrilla Acrobática F 51 colours, I'll make that one then :)

Very best regards

Mikkel

Hi Mikkel:

Nice you have chosen the right version for the right plane!!! :thumbsup: This one and the Aerobatic version are the most colorful GAF Mustangs. Also as an historical point, we had a two place Temco conversion with number 345 and here were trained two Bolivian and one salvadorean Pilot Classes.

My son pointed that If you look carefully, the upper lightning parts in the anti glare panel you could see an arrow, so its so easy to make this version. BTW The one in front of Guatemalan Air Force headquarters, was painted by our club in this version.

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Thank you all for your comments :)

Cliff,

yup ticks in the right places :D

Luis,

I'm trying to find a another Mustang so I can make the Lightning one, or was it a "combat" aircraft?

Thanks Al :) I hope I can build them okay, don't get your hopes up <_<

progress:

Mustang

DSC07590.jpg

DSC07589.jpg

Corsair, forgot to take a photo of the cockpit, but wtf :D

DSC07591.jpg

DSC07592.jpg

DSC07594.jpg

Much more to follow!

Very best regards

Mikkel

Thank you all for your comments :)

Cliff,

yup ticks in the right places :D

Luis,

I'm trying to find a another Mustang so I can make the Lightning one, or was it a "combat" aircraft?

Thanks Al :) I hope I can build them okay, don't get your hopes up <_<

progress:

Mustang

DSC07590.jpg

DSC07589.jpg

Corsair, forgot to take a photo of the cockpit, but wtf :D

DSC07591.jpg

DSC07592.jpg

DSC07594.jpg

Much more to follow!

Very best regards

Mikkel

Hi Mikkel:

GO, GO; GO; GO!!! Nice to see you have started. OK, the Lightning scheme was used at the time we had some trouble in our Pacific Ocean Coasts when Mexican ships were getting inside our territorial waters and the Mustangs used in "Operation Drake" were using this lightning decoration. It was in December 1959. So answering the question in a right way: Yes Sir, those marked this way were combat aircraft.

• 4 weeks later...

Some progress:

The FAG P-51D was a little triky to paint! but I think it turned out okay :)

DSC07740.jpg

DSC07741.jpg

Thanks to Claudio Moura I have the decals for the Stang :) thanks mate!!

The FG-1D have also been painted, hope you like 'em:)

DSC07739.jpg

Very best regards,

Mikkel

Hi Mikkel:

Nice to see your progress eith both models and you really have a wonderful job with the Guatemalan Stang!!!

This paint scheme is very tricky but as I have seen, you have studied all the material on hand, and have done more than 70% with the paint at this moment. I was wondering which decals Claudio gave you. Keep on mate, there are more Stangs to do sooooo E N J O Y!!!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the late reply guys :/

Thank you all :D

and some progress:

The decals are "just" standard aztec decals, hope you like it :)

DSC08166.jpg

DSC08165.jpg

I've made a little stand for them, so the can be placed in inflight display :D

Thanks Luis, yup there is Mustangs for a life time... :D

Very best regards,

Mikkel

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guy's!

It's done!, more photos in the gallery :) I really liked to build these models! Super fun GB!!!

4.jpg

The Corsair is not soo good, I made some stupid mistakes, but I happy that it's done :)

Hope you like it :)

Best regards

Mikkel