REVELL 1/32 LYNX - TEST SHOTS

Can the Revell 1/32nd version be built with the rotors folded by any chance?

I can only speak form the test shot I have and that does not have the blades folded. Not sure whether the production kit will have or not. If not, its actually a really easy mod. Luckily, the blades on the real thing fold at their bolt attachment point as opposed to the head folding. This means you dont have to hack the head or extension arms but simply cut and fold the blade at its root and fabricate the support poles. Really cant praise this kit enough!

I have just had a look at the sprues via the link above, there seems to be a wealth of good detail included. All the SONAR gear in the back, a good looking cockpit.Yes it doesn't have the rivet detail of the Airfix kit and there is a lot of the external detail the Lynx carries, nothing a few sheets of Archers rivets wouldn't cure.

If someone sent me the kit for Christmas, I'd build it but otherwise I'm not a fan of this scale unless it were a Sea King, a Whirlwind or a Wessex!!!!!

Colin on the Africa Station

Oh for crying out loud - more expense!

Did I hear that they were doing a 1/32 Merlin, or am I getting confused with the Airfix 1/48th?

Graham

• 5 weeks later...

So much negative remarks about a 'test' shot.

Steve

My thoughts exactly Steve.

By the time of it's release it will be unbuildable.

Lets hope Nick can scale up the magnificent etched panels that he's done for the Airfix kit.

Chris.

• 4 weeks later...

28 10 2012

Say it with me, say it gently:

Test shot.

Test shot.

Test shot.

No idea what markings will come with it but you can be sure that the aftermarket fellas will be right along with options to cater for all your modelling needs.

Nice. I might spring for one.

Liam

28 10 2012

Say it with me, say it gently:

Test shot.

Test shot.

Test shot.

No idea what markings will come with it but you can be sure that the aftermarket fellas will be right along with options to cater for all your modelling needs.

Nice. I might spring for one.

Liam

I've got the box next to me, ask away if you need to know anything?

I've got the box next to me, ask away if you need to know anything?

Hey Khimbar,

naw, it's ok for now, I see elsewhere it only has markings for two German units so that's ok. I'll probably buy one and wait for the aftermarket decals that should (inevitably) be released for other markings options. Thanks for the kind offer anyway.

Liam :thumbsup:

Hey Khimbar,

naw, it's ok for now, I see elsewhere it only has markings for two German units so that's ok. I'll probably buy one and wait for the aftermarket decals that should (inevitably) be released for other markings options. Thanks for the kind offer anyway.

Liam :thumbsup:

No worries.

It does look like a lovely kit but then I think that about every new kit I get!

• 5 years later...

Great news been waiting for this version 👍

Guy 

• 11 months later...

The instructions for the new version are available at https://stage.revell.de/fileadmin/import/images/bau/04981_%23BAU_WESTLAND_LYNX_MK_8_V01_01LOW.PDF

Iron Duke 2016 and Monmouth 2012 options are included and main weapon options seem to be Stingray, Sea Skua and cabin gun

I see there are 2 control columns - not appropriate to a front line unit I assume?

• Like 1

On 12/28/2017 at 9:46 PM, Francis Macnaughton said:

How do you go about persuading Xtradecal to do a set of alternative markings for the various versions of this kit?

Weird isn't it that they have not produced a sheet, they have the artwork from the 48th sheets they produced and the mk.8 pieces were already in the box from the initial release of the kits .

• Like 1