1/72 Sherman with sandbag armour

Hello all, I'll be starting my build tomorrow (or the first as I plan to do a couple as they don't take long in this scale)

A Sherman in 72nd with sandbag armour to the turret and sides, and I've already hit my first hurdle - I had decided to use a Revell M4A1 as the donor kit as I thought that it would be waste to use a dragon kit and the Revell actually looks pretty nice

Now the problem is that the sandbag armour is designed for M4A3 - does anyone know if I can use an it on M4A1? Is this something the armour could be could be fitted to?

Not really a problem as I have a couple of others in the stash but....

Anyway onto the initial sprue shot (though this may change if I dig up anything or you guys shout at me :evil_laugh: )

ab1fae77.jpg

Thanks

Adam

Doesn't the M4A1 have the cast hull, i.e. rounded rather than slab sided? I suspect the rigid sandbag parts wouldn't look right. There are a lot of subtleties about the Sherman hulls - that one looks rather like a hybrid to me (cast front, welded rear). Are no sandbag parts provided for the front of the hull? Cromwell did a resin M4A3E8 that carried them there. I suspect that the best place to ask is on Braille Scale (Missing Lynx)

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47210/

I think you be right, however I have found the below picture showing (supposedly) an A1 with sandbag armour.

9d693034.jpg

Not entirely sure if this is correct as it is a model as well so the maker could have 'made-do' ummm.... Have to have a think....

The resin detail didn't come with a front which is a bit strange so I would need to have a go at scratching that (it's the black dog resin set btw)

Think I may have a look which other variants I've got in the stash.

Thanks for the reply!

Edited by Ad2408

Tried to join the missing lynx forum above but it's very confusing actually how to get to post (keeps saying i need to join more things or ask for revision access???) so I may just carry on looking elsewhere!

Ok, having decided to use an M4A3 kit I had a rummage in the stash only to find that I don't have one (with a 76mm gun, only one I've got is 105mm) so annoying - so I'm going to scrap (or put on hold) the sandbagged Sherman idea and move onto something else.... But for that I'll start a new thread...