Splendid Cats Group Build

I think I can enter this group build as well, I've recently got the Eduard 1/48 FAA Hellcat combo kit. But would I need two build threads for them?

Sean

I think I can enter this group build as well, I've recently got the Eduard 1/48 FAA Hellcat combo kit. But would I need two build threads for them?

I'll be building two Hellcats as well. See the comments a few posts up.

I'll be building two Hellcats as well. See the comments a few posts up.

Yeah, I saw those comments after I'd posted. :bangin:

Be interesting to see how my MK II will compare to your MK II.

Sean

Be interesting to see how my MK II will compare to your MK II.

Are you using the kit option? I will be using Freightdog decal sheet 48004 to represent JZ789 C7-D of 808 NAS, complete with blue and white chequered cowling.

I'll be using the kit option. I'll be doing JZ796 C7-X (Sub-Lieutenant Oscar Lorenzo's aircraft) with the white invasion stripes for the MK II.

I'm undecided about the MK I, but I'll be using the kit markings for that too.

Sean

Sounds good! Have you built an Eduard Hellcat before?

Yep, I've built 2 before (well, I've finished one, the other is at the decaling stage)

They're one of my favourite kits!

Sean

Yes I do, follow the destructions! I'd read about the cowling before I built the first one, experimented and consequently had gaps and ridges all over the shop. On the second one, I followed the destructions and it fitted fine (bar a few small gaps).

Sean

Hello everybody!

Thanks for all posting your plans, and sorry for neglecting my co-hosting duties in the last month or two. My excuse is that I was in Borneo from March until recently, and busy with work beforehand...but sorry all the same!

Good to have you on board Enzo, and thanks for fielding questions in my absence! I will aim to be a more useful co-host from now on...

Entries should be any ship/car/aircraft/spacecraft/AFV etc etc named after a cat (and of course models of actual cats if anyone's of that persuasion: I see that Aurora did a 1:13th Sabre-tooth tiger! :mental: ).

So Kfirs, Wildcats of any kind, Tomcats, Jaguars, Leopards, Bobcats, Tigers, Tigercats, Panthers, Cougars, Lions are all fine, and do feel free to try something obscure like a Nakajima L2D Tabby! (Personally I'm OK with Catalinas, although it's definitely a bit of a long shot... :bleh:)

Multiple builds can certainly have separate threads if people feel like it; it's not a huge GB so we're hardly going to get cluttered with hundreds of builds!

Myself, I'm going to tackle my 1:72 Italeri Jaguar T.2, probably adding some aftermarket goodies to taste.

Looking forward to seeing everbody's builds, do keep up the suggestions!

Hi Guys i will be doing a Wildcat V. I will be building this also for the FAA GB. So 2 GB's for the price of one.

Cheers

What about the IAI Kfir (Hebrew for Lion cub) :shrug:

Edit: Sorry just read back to see this is acceptable..

I would like to put myself forward for this GB with a Kinetic Kfir please...

Edited by snapper_city

By my reckoning, this is a list of those who have expressed an interest in this GB.

1. Hood

2. Arnobiz

3. Shar2

4. Jabba

5. Cuprar

6. Mungo1974

7. SaintsPhil

8. Parabat

9. CliffB

10. Gajman

11. Mad Steve

12. PaulJ

13. Navy Bird

14. Pigsty

15. cjhm

16. Merlin9807

17. DaveJL

18. ChocksAway

19. AndyC

20. Wellzy

21. Arniec

22. Deon

23. Hardtarget

24. Kev1n

25. Mikkel

26. Wosipunk

27. John T

28. Will Vale

29. Moggy

30. fatbaldbloke

31. Robw uk

32. Ghaynes

33. BrandX

34. Bonhoff

35. Peter Lloyd

36. Trickyrich

37. Radleigh

38. Mrvr6

39. Adam Maas

40. GiorgioN

41. Basosz

42. Pabbi

43. Richard G

44. Theplasticsurgeon

45. Natter

46. Mozzy19

47. Littlefit

48. Snapper_city

49. Black Knight

50. RNoAF Aerobatic Team

51. Dazzio

And of course Vulcanicity and I will be chucking our hats into the ring!

Just because your name isn't on that list doesn't mean that you aren't in the GB. Anyone can join - and who wouldn't want to? :lol:

Just pitch up on the day, start off a build thead and jump right in. We're gonna have some fun with this one! :D

Edited by Enzo Matrix

I'd like to join in too please.

Primarily 1/72 aeroplanes; I have a few which fit the name; F4 Wildcat, F6 Hellcat and maybe a couple more.

I dont really do tanks but I have a 1/35th M18 Hellcat in my stash which I've really been meaning to build since '05.

Never having taken part in a BM GB do I 'just' start a 'build'** thread in the GB thread oce it starts? Any other instructions to keep me in-line are welcome.

** Is it one thread per kit, or one thread per builder?

Edit;

PS: Forgot to ask; Does it have to be military? Can I build a car or motorcycle?

Edited by Black Knight
  • Like 1

Never having taken part in a BM GB do I 'just' start a 'build'** thread in the GB thread oce it starts? Any other instructions to keep me in-line are welcome.

** Is it one thread per kit, or one thread per builder?

Welcome aboard, BK!

Once the GB starts, it will have its own forum. Just start a thread on there for your build. It is usually one thread per build, but there are exceptions. For instance, I am building two Hellcats, so they will share a thread. My Panther build will have its own thread.

The usual thing to do is to start off by showing the kit box and any other bits you may be adding - decals, AM resin or PE etc. Then do a few shots showing the sprues and anything else you may think of interest. Then start building. Post updates as and when you see fit, usually when major parts of the build are completd.

One stipulation is that the kit must be either unstarted or be less than 25% complete.

PS: Forgot to ask; Does it have to be military? Can I build a car or motorcycle?

You can build anything you like, as long as it has the name of a cat. E-Type Jaguar, Ford Cougar, De Tomaso Pantera... they all count. I dunno much about motorbikes, but I don't think a Ducati would qualify... ;)

You can build anything you like, as long as it has the name of a cat. E-Type Jaguar, Ford Cougar, De Tomaso Pantera... they all count. I dunno much about motorbikes, but I don't think a Ducati would qualify... ;)

I remember a Sunbeam Lion and a more recent Triumph Tiger (this probably still in production). I'm sure others who know more about motorbikes will add another few names.

As I like cars way more than motorbikes, I'd rather have a Sunbeam Tiger though ! :D

• Like 1

I'll join in this one too, managed to get my hands on a Dragon 1/144 Kfir (They call it Lion Cub)... will be adding resin to it too. If I get it done quick enough I might add one of my many F-5 Tiger's I have laying around. :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

Howdy Chaps....

Hehe, Ive found one, after much head scratching and thinking after Black Knights post....

001-3.jpg

Manx is a breed of Cat... :coolio:

Model has 139 parts, I have built the engine casing, (9 pieces), I think it falls within the 25% rule.

Thanks

Steve