Splendid Cats Group Build

• 2 weeks later...

Someone has to say it: the tank on that banner isn't a Tiger, it looks like an M1 Abrams to me.

The tank is a Leopard 2. The Tiger in the banner is HMS Tiger.

I'm in, some type of flying thing but I'm not sure what as of yet. Something from Grumman or maybe an F-5E.

Edited by Adam Maas

Ok have a Italeri 1/48 TigerCat F-7F 3N for this one......plus of cause a few extra bits! :D Couldn't have a build without extra bits :P, plus it's another Nightfigher (of cause) to add to the collection!!

Only problem with model I have seen so far is they managed to get the prop blades back to front!! Have a few models in the workshop with the same issue, surely it can't be that hard to get something that simple right.......... :banghead:

Originally was planning to build a F4F-3S Wildcatfish for something a bit different (its a Wildcat with floats, for those who don't know), only one was built and tested, looks cool! may still do it if I can find a cheapish one!

Edited by trickyrich

• 3 weeks later...

Will be in for this one. My initial plan was to build a Tomcat from the several in the stash, but considering the number of GBs I've signed in for, I'd better build something simpler. The best candidate would be a 1/72 F-5E Tiger II, have both airfix and italeri in the stash and a couple of Carpena decal sheets with some very interesting marking options. So it will likely be an airfix maroccan F-5E (original radome) or an italeri tunisian one (tigershark radome)

• Like 1

Then perhaps a GB will help you get it back

You are correct :) Count me in ! I do actually really want to sink my teeth in one of the several Dragon AFV kits in the stash. I love the building part, not so much the paint part (which is where I'm a bit stuck at the moment with a Mosquito)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I will be making a Wildcat/martlet for this build, but I want to share it with the FAA GB. They almost start at the same time some I can do both.

Cheers,

At the minute we have a list of possibles...

HobbyBoss F8F Bearcat

Airfix Jaguar GR1A

Monogram F9F-5 Panther

Trumpeter F9F-2P Panther

Revell F-5E Tiger II

Revell F-5F Tiger II

AFV Club RF-5E Tigereye

• 3 weeks later...

What are the rules for build threads? I will be entering two Hellcats - a Hellcat Mk.II and an F6F-5K - both from the Eduard 1/48 kit. Given that the builds will be almost identical until it comes to the painting, will each one require a separate build thread or can I do a single thread?

• 4 weeks later...

What are the rules for build threads? I will be entering two Hellcats - a Hellcat Mk.II and an F6F-5K - both from the Eduard 1/48 kit. Given that the builds will be almost identical until it comes to the painting, will each one require a separate build thread or can I do a single thread?

I've did something similar for this GB http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1331-meteor-triple-header/

A triple build of the Matchbox Meteor - all in the same thread.

I wouldn't think anybody would object to two slightly different builds in one thread, resulting in two gallery entries

I'd like to join in with an Academy Wildcat.

Though I'm building it as an FAA aircraft, which might have answered to Martlet - is that allowed here??

I've now been told (blame Seahawk) that by 1944 these were called Wildcats - so will be joining you.