FAA Group Build

Forgot I put my name down for this it seems so long ago!! Quick browse of the stash and I have the following to choose from:

1/48

Airfix Sea Harrier FA2

Airfix Sea Vixen
Tamiya Sea Harrier FRS1

Revell Wessex

Airfix Hawk T1 (plus FAA decals)

1/32

Matchbox Sea Venom

Revell Lynx

Or do I splash out and get the Heritage T8 conversion for one of my Academy Hunters?

Hmm, decisions, decisions!

Edited by SimonR

I'd go for the Sea Venom personally. You don't see too many of those built.

Sean

Yeah, thinking about it Sean, I built one around 1980 something as a lad and thought it was a cool kit then, had this one in the stash for a couple of years so maybe time to dig it out!

cheers

Simon

• Like 1

Yeah, thinking about it Sean, I built one around 1980 something as a lad and thought it was a cool kit then, had this one in the stash for a couple of years so maybe time to dig it out!

cheers

Simon

Gets my vote too, never seen one built!

Hi folks, hope there,s room for one more since joining U S navy build ought to fly the flag for the royal navy,nothing in my small

stash but hoping to track down a grumman hellcat in 1/48.

Y'know, I haven't seen a lot of Swordfishes mentioned so far...

Oh no, I'm changing my mind AGAIN! Must... stick... to... one... subject! :nono:

Michael

Hi folks, hope there,s room for one more since joining U S navy build ought to fly the flag for the royal navy,nothing in my small

Welcome aboard! When the GB were being set up there was some discussion about the over lap leading to side by side builds, can only be a good thing! Iwas going to concentrate on just the one GB but its inevitable I won't!

Welcome aboard! When the GB were being set up there was some discussion about the over lap leading to side by side builds, can only be a good thing! Iwas going to concentrate on just the one GB but its inevitable I won't!

In the Splendid Cats GB, I am building two Hellcats - an FAA MkII and a US Navy F6F-5K. They would have fitted in to the other GBs which are running at the same time. There's just so much from which to choose! :D

Would you mind awfully if I joined in please chums?

I've these to go at;

Latchlifter.JPG?psid=1

I've not been part of a Group Build before,I've completed nothing this year so far and I would like to get my hairy mitts on these choice items.I've never provided a WIP before either so this is going to be a whole new thing to me.

Would you mind awfully if I joined in please chums?

I've these to go at;

Latchlifter.JPG?psid=1

I've not been part of a Group Build before,I've completed nothing this year so far and I would like to get my hairy mitts on these choice items.I've never provided a WIP before either so this is going to be a whole new thing to me.

Welcome aboard!

GBs are usually good fun (hopefully I can make this one good!!). It's my first time hosting.

As for WIPs they aren't too hard, just find your self a good picture hosting site and have a read of the guide in the help and support sub forum

Planning on doing a Trumpeter Sea Fury. Was going to do it with a cover over the canopy to get around the dodgy cockpit area and folded wings, but then when I opened the box, spotted that I'd bought an Aires 'pit for it at some stage, so I guess covering it over would be a bit of a waste!

Still not sure about the wings though, might do one folded and leave the other extended.

Kit sorted, since I am building a corsair for the US navy GB I am going to build the old hobbycraft commonwealth corsair for this one.

I'm going to back out of this one - not enough time to do it justice as I have other GB's that I want to enter and I have a family holiday smack in the middle

Will be a keen watcher from the sidelines

Very late in the day I think I'll throw my hat in to the ring...

It'll be a first GB for me...exciting stuff!

I'm currently weighing up either a Sea Hurricane or Swordfish, both in 1/72, both Airfix. I get the feeling that I'll plump for the latter, but that means a lot more work...and the new experience of rigging!