1/32 - Douglas A-1H Skyraider by Trumpeter - released

Homebee

Not another wing fold.

I would prefer to have the wings in the flying configuration and have the option to fold them.

As working before with Trumpy wing folds, it always seems there are two manufacturers working to different plans when it comes to this option.

I'll wait for someone else to spend their hard earned £££££s building this before I think of wasting mine.

Sorry Trumpeter you always assume that the modeler wishes to display there model with the wings folded. Get a grip a give us the option as it is very difficult to align up the wing panels afterwards. Please leave us with the option and put a cut line on the inside of the wing. I am currently/fighting to align with the Kinetic Greyhound wing centre section and outer panels oh gosh how difficult!

SF

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The nose looks off to me and the blue in the background..what WERE they THINKING??? :D :D :D

Whats wrong with the nose? Looks like a Skyraider to me! Don't forget this is only a test model...................;)

Whats wrong with the nose? Looks like a Skyraider to me! Don't forget this is only a test model................... ;)

It's a comment you usually find on modelling websites and my attempt at humour, hence the smiley faces at the end of the sentence

• Like 1

Heloman,

If that comment was aimed at me then please read my post again and take note of the numerous smiley faces at the end of the sentence that indicate humour. I know humour does'nt always work on the internet and my comment was making fun of the usual comments about a kits accuracy that you find on modelling websites .e,g. "The nose looks off to me", "the fuselage looks too short/too long/ too wide" etc etc etc.

To me the Trumpy Spad looks great and has been mentioned above will be cheaper than the Zoukei Moura one.

• 3 weeks later...

If its an accurate AD-4 not it won't have , and the test shot pics above show an non armoured fusalage .. I believe the plating came in with the AD-6, the aircraft ZM kitted

Excellent as that will make converting to a Royal Navy AEW.1 much easier

• 2 months later...

I am anxious to have it myself, not because i painted it's box art but because i am a big fan of almost all Skyraider versions! Hopefully will be a correct kit in most issues!!

There are more versions to hit the market!! :guitar:

such as.................!

Trevor

I'd wait until the AD-4W version comes out. The RN didn't fly the standard Skyraider, despite the 1/600 Airfix mouldings on their HMS Victorious..... Not that I doubt you could cope with the conversion, but I'm sure the AEW version (or at least a conversion for it) will appear.