What I did in the shed.

Not sure what I'll do with it but all I can do is look at what needs to be done/bought next.

After a weekend at Telford, I have the next three stages lined up so unless my new 1/32 Wessex takes over I should move along at a pace now.

• Like 2

Incredible work. Please tell me what you used for the weathering effects of the hull. Self mixed or produce washes?

Used both really, couldn't sell myself to the Spanish guy so went back to basics and used pastels and white spirit washes.

That is amazing, museum-quality without a doubt :D

Are you confident that you can get it out of the shed, or is this its final resting place?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just stumbled across this build which is just astonishing!. What fantastic detail and weathering. I'm knocked out by the water effects which are the final straw.

Congratulations on such a wonderful build. Will it be portable?

Rob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I've just stumbled across this build which is just astonishing!. What fantastic detail and weathering. I'm knocked out by the water effects which are the final straw.

Congratulations on such a wonderful build. Will it be portable?

I've made the base smaller so hopefully I will be able to transport it, just need to buy a van now, lol.

What an amazing model and the setting in which your landing craft is put, defies my imagination - with skills like that, I would say you were a maritime "Roy", builder.

So what happens to your model once it comes out of your shed, where does it go then?

Is your model made entirely from plastic, with the exception of the sand as the base for the water setting?

Did you scratch build it from plans?

I'm sure there is no kit at that scale - 7' x 4' if my memory serves me well.

Brooker

Edited by brooker

Hi Brooker.

Thanks for the comments on my 'never ending saga' of a build.

I'll answer your questions below, cheers.

So what happens to your model once it comes out of your shed, where does it go then?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I live near the Maritime museum in the South West of the U.K. So I might approach them to see if they are interested. I need to build a case for it and so will seek professional help from Just Bases in Devon.

Is your model made entirely from plastic, with the exception of the sand as the base for the water setting?

The model of the LCT Mk4 I'd Accurate Armours kit, a beast to say the least. I've added Italieri dock kits and an massive amount of Resicast Armour as the bulk of my builds. I have nearly finished the 102 figures that will adorn this scene. It's been a massive learning curve for me in my modelling skills but overall I've enjoyed the journey so far

Thanks to you all for the kind comments, I must make an effort to get back to this.

Cheers Woo

• Like 2

Just noticed that today is the 4th anniversary of your first post. This is modelling on a grand scale :)

• Like 1

It certainly is epic, but I can see the advantage of the large scale as you can get so much detail in at a good size, particularly with such a top rate finish - it must look stunning 'in the flesh' !

• Like 1