Tasca Sherman II Direct Vision - El Alamein

You can start :)

I've never built any armour other than Tamiya or Revell so looking forward to seeing this one

I know, but I'm finishing a T-34 right now (a dragon one) ;)

This one should be as good fit as a Tamiya, but far more detailed, as far as I know.

• 2 weeks later...

First step. I started from the hull, as I'm already dealing with the T-34 wheels.

7181200749_ace50b7848.jpg

7181200291_f533c57b9c.jpg

The fit is perfect and the parts need only a little cleaning before assembly. If this is the way it will go together, this will be a fast and straightforward build.

I've heard only good things about the Tasca Shermans, so looking forward to watching this build up. May even have to get one myself at some point!

Cheers,

Ian

I hope to have some bench time on it tonight, yesterday it was T-34 time :)

The idea is to complete hull and turret as soon as possible, my mancave is becoming too hot to work in during the day and this will become even worse in the next weeks, so I have to speed things up.

The idea is to complete hull and turret as soon as possible, my mancave is becoming too hot to work in during the day and this will become even worse in the next weeks, so I have to speed things up.

(un)luckily we don't have those heat issues in the UK :lol: but I do have to tidy the garage this weekend so I can get back to my AB!

Cheers,

Ian

(un)luckily we don't have those heat issues in the UK :lol: but I do have to tidy the garage this weekend so I can get back to my AB!

Cheers,

Ian

The sun gets directly in the room I work in during all afternoon, and this makes thing quite hot ;)

This helps by drying oils in half time, but also makes a nearly impossible task to stay there until dawn ;)

Nice progress -- is there any internal detail to go in the fighting compartment or turret? I also notice that the air scrubbers are very different in shape between the Dragon and Tasca kits...

Cheers,

Ian

No internal detail at all, unfortunately. But I will make it closed, so it isn't a great issue :)

The air scrubbers are provided in two different shapes, one with a "house roof" on top and four straps to close them, and the one I used. The instructions say that the overall sand one used this type, so I decided to stick to them, as I didn't have any picture that could say they were wrong.