Just finished... My newest Tu-134A3

Hi All!

I just finished my newest Tu-134A in the fleet....

The modell is the AZ Model and the decal is published by HAD...

I hope this is good enough to show here..

This livery was weared in 1987 on this plane.

68bdacl5850xs6qdg4.jpg

a5mx4te9pwiogkdfuz5.jpg

phr8eqsryde6nxxdeuy1.jpg

iyi6785n1e3yv9h1zpj.jpg

• Like 1

I hope this is good enough to show here..

Good enough ??? It's stunning, they all are

Beautiful work Daniel, kepp them coming, I love Russian airliners!

Cheers

John

Thank U for all!!

"How was the kit?" -

As you can see that was my third built AZ Model Tu-134A kit. As my favorite type is the Tu-134 i 've 5 other too in stock... :mental:

When I was young child I always hanged on the fence of the airport near Budapest/Hungary... At that time there were many-many Tu-134 in traffic... That's why I 've had time to see many-many small and important detail of these beautiful planes.. Later I learned too this type's maintenance practices in the university so that's why I know this plane enough good...

The kit.

Unfortunately initially the AZ Model's short run kit was the only alternative of this type in this scale. By the time fortunately now are available others and betters too.

The most importants: - The kit is more or less punctual. It means the plane's geometrics are correct as TU-134A!!! Don't forget!!! The "A" version is is longer than basic model Tu-134

AND HAS A DIFFERENT ENGINES TOO (equipped with reverser!!!!)!!!!

- This plane has a typical and beautiful nose geometry. In this case it's absolutely correct by the kit ( unlike BRA Z model!!!)

The fuselage halves are not fits correctly, that's why you will need lot of putty or any other sealant. The box contains both version of Tu-134A's nose section.. In reality some of them flow with glazed nose and the others are with full covered nose... The mighty misunderstanding of this reason is wide in the western literature. The most common version is that the early versions has glazed nose and the late version has a full covered nose. IT'S FAIL!!!

The true story is more simply. Originally the Tu-134 was a modificated and redesigned Tu-124 with bombers capability. That's why the navigator sitted in the glazed nose section...

Later when the Tu-134A model is came out from the factory by the countries in the warsaw pact used a different method of navigation vs. western countries. In the Soviet Union mostly used navigation system was the NDB (ADF) (ARK in the russian terminology)

It was used during VFR flights over the poorly equipped Soviet territory... It needed the glazed nose!!

Finally. The planes which are flows mostly or solely on the domestic routes fitted with glazed nose during the latest line numbers. The export versions fitted with full covered radome from the middle lines and fitted with more powerful, modernisated radar under the radome...

Tha kit contains some photo etched parts, but i think it's a little bit funny. I couldn't understand why important the photo etched parts, while the kit is very simple and not detailed!!

The fuselage is correct, the wings are corrects the engines are correct by size and geometry, but not too detailed...

The worst parts of the kit are the landing gears and shock struts. It is terrible misshappen unfortunately. If somebody has lot of money and time to wait can order some upgrade set from russia...

The decals in the box are correct quality and realistic. But not detailed as the kit too.... Some of registration number is fail (uncorrect!) on the sheet...

I bought the Malev decal sheet from my friend who is the owner and publisher of HAD (Hungarian Army Decals) in Hungary..

The LOT and the other airliners decals i bought from the internet. They are the F-DCAL's products...

In summ. The kit is a good choice (12-14 EUR in Czech Rep...) for experienced modellers , and anybody can builds an impressive model from the box, but needs lot of patient and time to correct the small defects and deficiencies like correct antennas, pitot tubes, position lights...

I hope i could help you a little bit....

:S