1:32 scratchbuilt B-17 Fortress diorama - update 06/11 FINISHED!

Hi Rich, this will show what I mean by the mudguard position, this is how the front mudguard would be fitted:

BicycleGE2_zps1d4a89cd.jpg

Actually... Is that the same kit you used?

Sorry mate, after you've done such a huge amount of stunning work I hate to sound like my wife.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came accross this Verlinden 1/32 set Rich, not for your diorama, but for another B-17 project?

9962487814_4bf11bc902_c.jpg

• 1 month later...

seen them already thanks radleigh! But thanks for the pics, looking really nice...great to meet you too, sorry we didn't have more time to chat. Maybe next year we can arrange in advance to go for a beer or something

Great work Rich, and I was glad to see it in the flesh. The end result is unbelievably stunning and far outstrips the anticipation from the WIP pics posted. A very well deserved gold, and I was pleased to meet you at the end of the day. I hope you managed to get back out of the show, as all the doors seemed to have been shut when I saw you!

Once again, thanks!

• 1 month later...

Greetings, gentlemen. First time here. I stumbled across this while researching interior detail for a 3D digital B-17 I'm building. Wow! what a fantastic model and diorama. I'm blown away by the attention to detail and amount of work put into this.

It may be too late for this model, but I accurately recreated the bomb glide angle data plate/ placard in the nose if anyone is interested.bomb_glide_angle_diagram_inside_b-17_nos

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...