News from Wonderfest USA

For those of you just tuning in, Wonderfest is the premier sci-fi/fantasy model show in the USA. Heck, it's the only show. Nothing but sci-fi and fantasy figure models. Big contest - over 500 entries. Huge dealer room. Sci-fi industry celebrities - movie stars, sfx people, artists and, this year, Mat Irvine.

Moebius announced new stuff - Munsters house, Herman and Grandpa Munster figures, 1/18 scale Batpod with Catwoman figure, War Machine (Iron Man 2), Cylon Warrior (new BSG), OO scale Mel's Drive-in (American Graffiti) and, here's the biggie, original series Battlestar Galactica ships - new toolings of the Galactica (same scale as the new BSG model), 1/32 Viper and Cylon Raider. The Raider will be first and is a lot bigger than the old Revel/Monogram kit. These are new toolings - not repops of the old R/M kits.

Round 2/AMT/Polar Lights had their 1/350 scale TOS Enterprise on display and even raffled off two test shot of the kit. It's big and there are two accessory kit coming - I assume these are detail kits for lighting and building alternate versions. They announced a Wicked Witch of the West kit (Wizard of Oz), a OO scale kit of Graceland (Elvis' mansion), Elvis kits (be still my heart), a clear Deep Space Nine with the Defiant, a 1/2500 set of the Enterprise refit, Klingon BOP and Reliant and some new and repopped DC Comic figures.

I'm sure I've missed something but I'm typing this while waiting for my plane back to Orlando and all my collected catalogs are in my checked luggage. Look for more detailed reports on the CultTVMan and Starship Modeler websites - including pictures of the model contest.

You should really make plans to be there someday. Check wonderfest.com for more information.

Sounds like a corking year from Moebius then - BSG is one of my favourites, so I'm looking forward to those :)

Safe flight ;)