1/72 Fouga Magister ++ Ready for Inspection ++

CliffB

I have the 1/48 (FM) CM-170 kit but keep hearing scare stories about it, I unsurprisingly hope to build as the IAC Silver Swallow version.

I still have nightmares after building mine!

Julien

Lovely build Cliff... You are doing that old kit proud with this build... looking forward to the updates.

I have the 1/48 (FM) CM-170 kit but keep hearing scare stories about it, I unsurprisingly hope to build as the IAC Silver Swallow version.

dont mean to add to your worries but if you are going to buy the max decals sheet make sure you buy a few spare sheets as you WILL need them.i have some exp using max decals and they disintegrate if you so much as look at them

Thanks again guys :)

There should be a bit of a lull now as I'm due to go on hols today for a week.

Unfortunately Tsar the dog (see left!), has had other ideas and has conspired to wake up this morning with an ear the size of a tennis ball!

It's happened before and last time it was an immediate op plus three week's convalescence (complete with comedy lampshade) :S

Off to the vets now .....

Cheers

Cliff

Thank you everyone for your comments (and good wishes for Tsar!),

The good news was that the vet managed to do a short term fix on Tsar's ear and the kennels were happy to take him, so we did get away for a break after all.

Back yesterday and have finally managed to get the Magister finished. The decals went on like a dream :) .

So here it is (more photographs in the Gallery).

P1080344.jpg

Thank you everyone who has followed the build and especially to Alpha Delta 210 who has been a brilliantly attentive host :cheers:

Cheers

Cliff

That is one beautiful piece of work Cliff, Congratulations! - The NMF turned out great - I'm gonna have to give this Alclad stuff a try if you can get results as good as this with it!! - Well done mate, it's one to be proud of!

Tony R :goodjob:

Edited by TonyR

Hi Cliff

Pleased to hear that Tsar is OK and that you managed to get away. Your Magister looks absolutely stunning.

Thank you for your kind words. It's been a pleasure hosting this GB made up of interesting models and supportive, friendly modellers.

Are you going to do another quick build before the September deadline?

Thank you for the comments - much appreciated :) .

Alpha, you saw how long it took me to make the Magister - I don't do quick!

I look forward to the Aerobatics II GB ;) - maybe I'll get to build the little Bucker after all....

Papana-600.jpg

Cheers

Cliff

• 3 weeks later...