HMS Kimberley

Shar2

I've finally started building this lovely looking destroyer. Upper and lower hulls fitted with a bit of filler at the join and the high angle gun tub in place of the aft torpedo tubes.

IMG_5526.jpg

IMG_5525.jpg

Looking forward to this as I've always had a soft spot for the J,K and N classes! B)

Any idea what scheme your going to put her into?

Mike. :)

Looking forward to this as I've always had a soft spot for the J,K and N classes! B)

Any idea what scheme your going to put her into?

The scheme she was wearing during the GB period ;) , light grey and dark grey dazzle stylee, post her having the after torpedo tubes removed and the 4" HA gun fitted in their place.

I echo Peter's comments that it is nice to see ship models making an appearance :) .

Just one question, well two actually, what kit is it Dave and what's the scale?

Cheers

Cliff

Lower hull anti-fouled and the waterline are now painted, just deciding the best way to do the camo. Will then take some more pics.

The scheme she was wearing during the GB period ;) , light grey and dark grey dazzle stylee, post her having the after torpedo tubes removed and the 4" HA gun fitted in their place.

Yeah, bit of a daft question, should have thought of that before typing! :doh:

Looking forward to seeing more of your handiwork! B)

Managed to do some painting today. Got the hull and some of the superstructure done. Now it's more masking and spraying the main deck.

IMG_5608.jpg

IMG_5609.jpg

IMG_5610.jpg

Realised that two 20mm gun tubs were not fitted on the original ship kit, but were on HMS Kimberley, so today I got the Solid Works fired up and printed them out on our 3D printer. These will go on the aft superstructure adjacent to the searchlight platform. They are 8mm square by 3mm deep.

IMG_5626.jpg

IMG_5627.jpg

Looking very nice :)

Just out of interest Dave, how long did it take to produce the gun tubs (from concept to finished item)?

Cheers

Cliff

About 15 mins. It took 6 mins to print two tubs.