1:35 Dragon M-51 ISHERMAN

Work on the other track later then to paint the tracks anyone any ideas on colour?

Mish the T80 tracks that are used on the M-51 are steel faced rubber blocks with inner surfaces that are rubber as well. I only know this because I asked a similar question for my Tamiya M-51 that I built a couple of months ago. Although as you can see from the link that Tony posted once they get a layer of dust on them you really can't tell steel from rubber.

Cheers

Looks great Mish it's really coming together nicely, tank kits always look complete when the running gear and the tracks are on don't they?

Cheers

Great job there Mish that looks simply stunning. It sure gives me some motivation to get moving with my build.

A couple of quick questions what color did you use for Sinai grey and what did you use for the aerials?

Cheers

Thanks Darren,

Paint wise I primed it with Halfords grey primer and then used Lifecolor UA 035 Israeli Sand Grey. The translucence nature of the the Lifecolor has worked well for me. The antennas are stretched sprue. In the past, depending on scale I've use broom bristles, cats whiskers and at 1:72 cats hairs!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Mish nice job! I'm building the Academy one. Was trying to get it done for the GB but time, life, lack of mojo and a billion degrees outside got in the way. Still I'm slaving away tonight at the final small bits to add to the tank. Next up is primer and paint but I have no idea how to produce Sinaï Grey.

Any suggestions? I primarily use Revell Aqua colors as they are the most readily available to me.

Thanks, For the Grey I used Lifecolor UA 035 Israeli Sand Grey the FS number is FS36134 Nearest matches is Tamiya XF24 which is not quite right as is Gunze H69 RLM Mid Grey 75.

I'm afraid I can find no near match for Revell :(

Thank you. That should get me started. I tried Paint4models but it seems that has suffered some kind of internet-stroke as it's currently not working

• 3 weeks later...