PB, this should I think have been placed in the chat thread but to answer your question at least as far as the braile scales are concerned the original vehicle scale was 1/76, this brought it in line with model railways and aircraft have always been to 1/72 or six feet to the inch. Later on manufacturers started releasing 1/72 AFV kits and the debate began. Using both scales in a diorama does not really mess up that diorama, neither does displaying models to both scales if you cannot get the vehicle you desire in your usual scale you will only come a cropper if you display models of the same AFV in both 1/72 and 1.76 scales when the difference will be noticable. As 1/72 scale is 4.2mm per foot and 1/76 scale is just 4mm per foot, the difference is tiny and the two do work together.

David.

Does anyone know why vehicles are in 1/35th and 1/76th scale whereas aircraft are in 1/32nd and 1/72nd? it buggers up most attempts at a diorama

Armour kits back in the 1970,s were 1/32 scale (Airfix, Revell, Frog), then along came Tamiya and produced armor kits in 1/35 to match up with Japanese O gauge railroad models and as we say the rest is history

This is a quiet GB, isn't it? ;)

Can someone give me some advice on the sand colour used on the shermie? What's the correct base?

Mike believes he has some British paint colours that he is going to try and fnd

Is there a sig image for this GB?

No sorry nobody has produced one that I know off.

Mike believes he has some British paint colours that he is going to try and fnd

No sorry nobody has produced one that I know off.

Thanks, in the meantime I'll try to find some more sources (other than the instruction leaflet).

Ah, I hope to put together some sig pic in the weekend (as I will be forced to stay away from my bench).

sorry gents but I will not build me Peruvian Sherman as promised :(

I have a little to much on the table right now, and soon I'm starting a Guatemalan Mustang in 1/32, sooo I'll just skip this GB, sadly it sounds so fun :)

Cheers,

Mikkel

Very nice -- thanks! I may swap to the white background one as I think it looks better than the green (and more suited to my build :) ).

To "our" build ;)

BTW I prefer the one with the white background too, the black border looks much better. I think I'll give a border to the green one too.

Can anybody explain to me how to put banner to post? I search on forum but did not find anything that will help me. I know that it is stupid question but "please help me Obi Wan Kenobi. You are my only help".

Can anybody explain to me how to put banner to post? I search on forum but did not find anything that will help me. I know that it is stupid question but "please help me Obi Wan Kenobi. You are my only help".

In My controls there's a section "Edit Signature"

go there and put an image pointing to http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/3690/banner2baj.jpg

Here you are and strong be the force with you :)

Edited by Bullardino