Please cast your vote in the Aerobatic GB

Hi Mark

I hope you're well.

You're very welcome to join us! Any hints on which display Hawk you are planning to build?

if im honest im not sure

it will be either

2010 or 2011 in 1/48 i think, but then theres.......

Hi.

Am I still OK to join in this group build? Not done a GB before, but have picked up Airfix's new Gnat, so this one fits the bill. Not sure of finish yet but thinking of being boring with a Red Arrow or a Yellowjack. It will be built OOB and I'll need to find my glasses...

Cheers

Andy

Are we allowed to change our mind? hmmm.

As time, family, new job and summer vacations makes the building difficult.... I would like to change my model...

If I may, dear sir`s...

Smoke Of Go!

Ørjan

Of course you can, Ørjan! What are you planning to build instead?

Is there room for one more? I've never entered a GB before, hell, I've not even finished a model aircraft in well over 20 years but I'm up for giving this a fair crack with a 1/48 Red Arrows Hawk!

My model is part built, is that a problem? How do I enter (If I can that is)?

Cheers

Right, nice one, yea it's no more than 25% done... Just the cockpit undercoated and glued into one half of the main body. I'll take a few snaps shortly and create a thread :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All

I have some great news! Vince from modelsforsale.com has very kindly agreed to donate two Fujimi kits to the First and Second place kits in the GB, which means that I will ask Mish to set up a poll from September 3rd to allow all BM members to vote for their favourite models from the excellent and colourful entries in the GB.

Here are the kits that Vince has donated:

First Prize - 1/72 Fujimi Mig-29 "Stlizhi"

Second Prize - 1/72 Fujimi BAe Hawk "Saudi Hawks"

Vince has a presence on BM and I have always found his prices to be very competitive and his service to be first rate. I recommend that you take a look at his website, as he sells the latest kits, pre-owned kits as well as new kits in (ever-so slightly) damaged boxes at amazing discounts. modelsforsale.com

Thanks Vince! :cheers:

has anyone else got the "airshow" accesory set from hannants.its avalable in both 1/72 and 1/48 and it contains crowd barriers,remove before flight tags and a few stores such as fuel tanks and smoke winders.i have 2 of these sets and it looks fab when you have a numbe rof aircraft models lined up with the crowd barriers in front of them....really conveys the image of a static display at an airshow

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning all

Where has the time gone?

The GB draws to the end of it's display with a bomb burst and coloured smoke next Sunday, yes September 2nd!

I think I might have time for one more quick build!

For those of you who weren't aware, Vince from modelsforsale.com has very kindly donated two Fujimi kits as prizes, so we will be having a poll, once the crowds have left, the car parks are empty and the teams have returned to base.

The kits that Vince has donated are:

First Prize - 1/72 Fujimi Mig-29 "Stlizhi"

Second Prize - 1/72 Fujimi BAe Hawk "Saudi Hawks"

If you are not familiar with modelsforsale.com, Vince has a presence here and sells new and previously owned kits at very competitive prices from his website and at many model shows and military vehicle and air shows.

Antony and I look forward to seeing the finished models lining up in the Gallery, joining the wonderful replicas that have already landed.

Thanks for all the great models and friendly support given to all. It has been a pleasure to host this GB.

Well, fellow "Aerobats" our time is almost up! :crying:

I would just like to give all of you who took part a huge :clap2: .

This has been a great GB: - the range of models has been excellent; the skills displayed have been simply awesome and the camaraderie has been just fantastic. :worthy:

To those of you who won't be able to finish by September 2nd; please post your finished builds up in the RFI section, as I am sure that I am not alone in really wanting to see them completed after all the effort that has been spent.

Don't forget to vote for your favourite model in the poll next week. There are Fujimi kits up for grabs, courtesy of Vince at modelsforsale.com.

Here's to another one soon..... :thumbsup:

Well done to you and Anthony for getting this GB going and for building some great models yourself.

The voting will be very difficult (as ever!), but it will be nice to review all the completed builds again.

cheers

Grant

Fellow Aerobatic GBers,

I'm sure that you don't need reminding, but we only have three days to run and break! The GB concludes on Sunday 2nd.

I think that I have worked out how to create a poll, so please don't forget to vote for your favourite completed model. I will try to activate the poll on Monday 3rd for 7 days.

Thanks again for participating in such a fun, varied and colourful GB.

It's been most enjoyable! And I must say, you've been a great host. One question though does it finish midnight on Sunday? Would hate to miss the deadline if it's sometime before