Please cast your vote in the Aerobatic GB

It has been a very long time since I proposed this GB, but I'm pleased to say that after all this time "holding", we are now running in for our display!

My co-host, Antony and I are really looking forward to seeing the progress of all these colourful and varied models.

Ladies and gentlemen, let the building commence and above all, let's have some fun!

I agree entirely, it's going to be a very bright and colourful GB, let's make it fun too!

Antony

Just got to decide now what to build from my list;

Black arrows Hunter

Ecuadorian AF Meteor FR9

Guatamalan AF A-37

Korean AF A-37

Tiawanese AT-3

Slovakian L-39C

Blue angels F/A-18A

Czech MiG-21

Asas De Portugal T-37

Black Diamonds Sabre RAAF

Marksman Sabre RAAF

Black Panthers Sabre RAAF

Minutemen Tribute F-16

Getti Tonti F-84

diavoli rossi F-84

Patrouille de France Magister

Silver Swallows Magister

Finnish AF Hawk

Spanish AF Sabre

Argentinan AF Sabre

Turkish AF F-5

Turkish AF F-86

Blue Angel F-4

Skylancers F-86

Skyblazers F-86

Roulettes MB326

Grasshoppers Aloutte III

FAA Buccaneer

FAA Sea Hawk

FAA Gazelle

Blue Impulse F-86

Going to have to have a good think on this :hypnotised:

Julien

Black arrows Hunter

Ecuadorian AF Meteor FR9

Guatamalan AF A-37

Korean AF A-37

Tiawanese AT-3

Slovakian L-39C

Blue angels F/A-18A

Czech MiG-21

Asas De Portugal T-37

Marksman Sabre RAAF

Minutemen Tribute F-16

Getti Tonti F-84

diavoli rossi F-84

Silver Swallows Magister

Finnish AF Hawk

Spanish AF Sabre

Argentinan AF Sabre

Turkish AF F-5

Turkish AF F-86

Blue Angel F-4

Skylancers F-86

Skyblazers F-86

Roulettes MB326

Grasshoppers Aloutte III

FAA Buccaneer

FAA Sea Hawk

FAA Gazelle

Blue Impulse F-86

Julien

What a great list! Time to get a pin and a blindfold? (Or build them all!)

I might join this, however I'll not be able to do any work until late july. Would it be fine if I try a late entry at that point ? My entry would be the 1/72 hasegawa T-2 in Blue Impulse markings.. that would probably make this team the most represented in this GB ! :D

I might join this, however I'll not be able to do any work until late july. Would it be fine if I try a late entry at that point ? My entry would be the 1/72 hasegawa T-2 in Blue Impulse markings.. that would probably make this team the most represented in this GB ! :D

Hi Giorgio

That's fine - the more, the merrier! (That applies to Blue Impulse too - who'd have thought it!)

Black arrows Hunter

Ecuadorian AF Meteor FR9

Guatamalan AF A-37

Korean AF A-37

Tiawanese AT-3

Slovakian L-39C

Blue angels F/A-18A

Czech MiG-21

Asas De Portugal T-37

Marksman Sabre RAAF

Minutemen Tribute F-16

Getti Tonti F-84

diavoli rossi F-84

Silver Swallows Magister

Finnish AF Hawk

Spanish AF Sabre

Argentinan AF Sabre

Turkish AF F-5

Turkish AF F-86

Blue Angel F-4

Skylancers F-86

Skyblazers F-86

Roulettes MB326

Grasshoppers Aloutte III

FAA Buccaneer

FAA Sea Hawk

FAA Gazelle

Blue Impulse F-86

Julien

Julien..

How about the Grashoppers Alouette?

Or something other than a F-86 :innocent:

Hi Giorgio

That's fine - the more, the merrier! (That applies to Blue Impulse too - who'd have thought it!)

Thanks ! I'll start in a few weeks then. Mine will be almost OOB, apart from the panel lines that I'd like to rescribe (they are finely raised on the kit).

I always liked the lines of the T-2 and I built a Blue Impulse aircraft many years ago but this was later repainted in another scheme after it broke falling from the shelf (likely due to some kind of feline intervention....). So when I saw another Blue Impulse box for a very good price I grabbed this immediately !

Hi Giorgio

I look forward to your progress. What colour do you plan to use for the blue?

I'll be using the 2 paints that Gunze did specifically for this scheme: H322 for the overall dark blue and H323 for the light blue trims. Or better, I'll use H-322 for sure as I have a brand new tin, but I've yet to buy the H323, I hope to find it in the next few weeks. They should be the best match available

I'll be using the 2 paints that Gunze did specifically for this scheme: H322 for the overall dark blue and H323 for the light blue trims. Or better, I'll use H-322 for sure as I have a brand new tin, but I've yet to buy the H323, I hope to find it in the next few weeks. They should be the best match available

Hi Giorgio

I looked for conversions for Humbrol or Revell, but reluctantly accepted that I would need to buy both colours! I ordered them from:

modeldesignconstruction.co.uk.

1 Phthalo cyanine Blue : Mr Hobby Aqueous Color H322 £2.00 £2.00

1 Mr Hobby Aqueous Hobby Colour H323 : Light Blue £2.00 £2.00

Guys,

I apologise but I am going to have to withdraw from this GB due to work commitments being tighter than expected at the moment. 4 weeks away in a row is nonconducive to building, let alone adding valued contributions to a GB like this one. I will still be watching with eagerness, and I hope to see some stunning results. I hope my withdrawal can be accepted without any hard feelings, thanks.

Edited by kpc7676

Guys,

I apologise but I am going to have to withdraw from this GB due to work commitments being tighter than expected at the moment. 4 weeks away in a row is nonconducive to building, let alone adding valued contributions to a GB like this one. I will still be watching with eagerness, and I hope to see some stunning results. I hope my withdrawal can be accepted without any hard feelings, thanks.

Sorry to hear that, but rest assured there are no hard feelings. I know how much of a pain it can be to work away for long periods.

All the best.

About time I got my finger out and joined in.

Will be the Italeri 1.48 F-84 in the markings on diavoli rossi, its the Kinetic kit reboxed with excellent decals. Also got the replacement quickboost nose ring.

DSCF0001.JPG

Julien

• 2 weeks later...

Found some photos a few weeks go of the Red Bull backed T6s in Germany. Have the old Revell Reno racer's set floating about and never found the race version that interesting so it will do as a base, have grabbed all the images I can and ordered some decals up for various logos from work. Reasonably competetnt on photoshop so will print what I can't get.

That's the theory anyway, this will be the first plane I've built in about 30 years, so don't be surprised if you see a photo of a club hammer and some small bits of plastic in a few weeks time. :P

Hi there,

Working on a HobbyBoss Thunderbirds F-16D right now. Will open a thread after I've done the end pics of today.

I am however missing the right rear wing/stabiliser/whatever the name is. Does anyone have a spare right rear wing for me? It looks rather silly without it :P I am still building the thing (putting the fuselage halves together right now) as the rear wing can still be added way after it's finished.

So... does anyone have any spare bits around?