Please cast your vote in the Aerobatic GB

Dear all

Time is counting down rapidly. The GB runs from 2nd June 2012 to 2nd Sept 2012.

Antony Robinson has kindly offered to co-host with me, so any questions, just drop one of us a PM, or use this thread.

I'm really looking forward to seeing all the colourful models taking shape.

We would still welcome any new entries!

Less than a week to go.....

This looks colourful! I have just concieved a plan to build various 'Then & Now' display team models, and lo and behold there is a GB starting up!

Please count me in with:

1) Frecce Tricolori F-86 (a 'then' to my already built 'now')

2) Turkish 'White Swans' F-86 (The F-5 'now' might follow, but I don't normally build that quickly!)

cheers

Grant

This looks colourful! I have just concieved a plan to build various 'Then & Now' display team models, and lo and behold there is a GB starting up!

Please count me in with:

1) Frecce Tricolori F-86 (a 'then' to my already built 'now')

2) Turkish 'White Swans' F-86 (The F-5 'now' might follow, but I don't normally build that quickly!)

cheers

Grant

Sounds great, Grant. Glad the timing was good for you. The more the merrier!

Just wondering are Display Teams (as opposed to Aerobatic Teams) allowed in this one?

Was thinking of a Royal Navy Lynx from the Black Cats Team. If not, no worries and can pick something else.

Cheers,

Dermot

Just wondering are Display Teams (as opposed to Aerobatic Teams) allowed in this one?

Was thinking of a Royal Navy Lynx from the Black Cats Team. If not, no worries and can pick something else.

Cheers,

Dermot

Hi Dermot

As Mish says, this GB is for Military and cilvilian teams (and support aircraft) in addition to solos and what-ifs, as long as they are in special markings.

I hope that helps.

Wanted to show photos of my entry but can't because Photobucket is playing up! :bangin::mental: Anyway I'm entering the Academy F-86 and its going to be finished as a Sky Lancers one of 1956 to complete the pair from the Leading Edge decal set.

Good news! PB works OK from my home lappy! Must be something to do with my work PC maybe?? Anyway here is a piccy of one of my planned builds:

ac_198.jpg

It'll be one of these.

Sorry to ask a dumb question but do special scheme aircraft count as solo display aircraft? I've got a few special scheme German Tonkas to build...

Hi

Thanks for the question.

Antony and I have discussed this and agree that this GB is for Aerobatic/Demo team and solo aircraft and their specially-marked support aircraft, not those with special schemes that do not perform public displays. Some of those Tornado special schemes are great though!

We hope you've got another model that you would like to build.

I really like the team's livery over the standard camouflage - really unusual. I look forward to your build.

I have to add that the trim markings are actually red not the 'pinky-purply' colour as in the photo above!

I'd like to enter if that's OK. Just pulled a 1/72 Italeri (Revell) Fiat G91 out of the stash with Freece Tricolori decals.

I've not built one before, but it looks like a nice kit.

It has been a very long time since I proposed this GB, but I'm pleased to say that after all this time "holding", we are now running in for our display!

My co-host, Antony and I are really looking forward to seeing the progress of all these colourful and varied models.

Ladies and gentlemen, let the building commence and above all, let's have some fun!