Skylon

If/when it happens, I'm in for a couple.

Nice mission animation, but you just knew it would feature The Blue Danube once the beast had left the atmosphere -double cheese!!

I quite fancy one of those... they should just be able to RP the whole thing from their CAD design files... That would make the accuracy argument completely null and void, which would be nice :)

It should have been playing the Thunderbords music on the ground!

Did anyone else think "That tail isn't going to fit" when it was towed into the cargo terminal?

I'd love to see it happen. I've always thought a project like this would be a good way of getting true engineering excellence back to the UK

But we all know this country now....... :fraidnot:

Graham

Who is going to make a model of this British beaut?

http://www.reactionengines.co.uk/skylon.html

Marty...

The British Interplanetary Society is selling them here (third item down) but it's a snap-together desktop type rather than a proper kit. Bit pricey too at £27 for non-members.

Back in the ninties I worked for a company called Worlds End Tiles in Silverthorne Road Battersea owned by the late Paul Portelli he also owned a Spitfire IIRC, for the 25th anniversary of the company he commisioned Alan Bond to create a 1:18th scale model of the Skylon to hang in the showroom, I'm not sure if it's still there but it was impressive, I've still got a 25th annivesary ceramic tile here somewhere with the Skylon image and the company name on it