Airbus A321 'First Choice'

The A321 is the largest of the narrow body Airbusses, which comprise of the A318, A319, A320, and A321 which have progressively longer fuselages.

I bought this kit cheap at Telford last year in the Austrian airlines 'famous Austrians' boxing but didn't really like the scheme.

As ever TwoSix decals had one that I liked, the 'First Choice' charter airline scheme looks very clean and tidy and perfectly suits the long bodied airliner.

To match the turquiose on the tail and cheatline I painted the engine cowlings in Citadel 'Hawk Turquoise' with a little white mixed in for an almost perfect match.

This version needs CFM 56 engines rather that the V2500's supplied in the box, luckily I had some left over from my A319 BA build. (Oddly the Austrian version also needs CFM 56's so I don't know why Revell blanked them off the sprue just leaving the V2500's on). I also cut my own wing tip 'sharklets' from plasticard as the kit ones are too small'

Here she is, with an A319 in Easyjet colours for comparison, happy holidays!

A321-1.jpg

A321-2.jpg

A321-3.jpg

A321-4.jpg

A321-5.jpg

A321-6.jpg

A321-7.jpg

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Another stunner John.

I think you should hold a group photo-shoot featuring all of your airliner models built over the last couple of years.

It would look like Gatwick on a bank holiday.

Chris.