1/48 - Northrop (C/N/R/S)F-5A Freedom Fighter by Kinetic - released

Homebee

No kit is made in continuous production. When they sell out they sell out, and in most cases a new batch will be made some years into the future. It's seven years since this kit was released and evidently most of the production has now sold, so if you want one buy one now from HLJ.

Edited by Work In Progress

3 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

No kit is made in continuous production. When they sell out they sell out, and in most cases a new batch will be made some years into the future. It's seven years since this kit was released and evidently most of the production has now sold, so if you want one buy one now from HLJ.

To me fair, some manufactures do seem to have short production cycles, anyway they do manage to keep their kits good available, Tamiya for example, otherwise Meng and Zvezda are quite good too, Zvezda's more than 9 years old La-5 and Bf109 are still available everywhere. The worst is probably Hasegawa and Revell, indeed you have to wait years if you missed the train. In my experience Kinetic is quite good too in this regard, but their F-5A seems to be an exception. The upside is that they have switch to in house production in recent years, with better injection quality, so in the new production there should have less sink marks to deal with.    

Info received directly from Kinetic Models :

The Kinetic 1/48 F-5A Freedom Fighter kit could eventually be re-released under a new kit number with a brand new

mega decal sheet of 22 different markings.

😎

SharkOwl

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

Well now... Italeri slated to re-release the 1/72 NF-5 kit, and now Kinetic in 1/48? :yahoo:

That's gonna hurt my wallet :banghead:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• alt-92 changed the title to 1/48 - Kinetic 48110 - NF-5A, SF-5A, F-5A Freedom Fighter August release

Just released the Cor van Gent updated ultimate reference book about the KLu (Dutch AF) Northrop NF-5A/Bs.

Source: https://www.aviationmegastore.com/northrop-nf5-de-historie-van-de-nf5-bij-de-koninklijke-luchtmacht-9789086161799-lanasta-9789086161799-netherlands/product/?action=prodinfo&art=168253

168253-0.jpg

Here at LM - ref. 48110 - Northrop NF-5A/F-5A/SF-5A Freedom Fighter

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48110

Box art & schemes

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

104655813-1596483223852116-1658245661083

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6

Ah. Never seen that one. 

:thanks:

I'm a bit averse to bumping threads from that far back tbh; it might tempt people to react to 8 year old posts.

Thanks for the info Homebe

The good news of the summer !

(for me)

Kinetic Model is also announcing on their facebook page, from a question about it, another future reboxing of this kit

for Canadian CF-5A and USAF F-5A Freedom Fighter (Skoshi Tiger ?) .

Comments on their facebook page about this ''very sought after'' new NF-5A/SF-5A/F-5A reboxing, include many requests

for a RF-5A Recon Nose optional part.

Any resin manufacturer interested ?

😎

SharkOwl   

Edited by SharkOwl

9 hours ago, Grizzly said:

1977 F5g Norwegian Jokers aircraft ,should be Greenham Common not Fairford .

And Orland should be Ørland ..... 🙂

The four aircraft of the Flying Jokers had different roundel sizes, although from the instructions they appear to be the same.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vingtor said:

The four aircraft of the Flying Jokers had different roundel sizes, although from the instructions they appear to be the same.

By the way Vingtor !

It could be time for you to reprint your superb 1/48 very complete Royal Norwegian Air Force F-5A/B Freedom Fighter decal sheet No. 48-007 no longer available.

Thanks in advance.

SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, SharkOwl said:

By the way Vingtor !

It could be time for you to reprint your superb 1/48 very complete Royal Norwegian Air Force F-5A/B Freedom Fighter decal sheet No. 48-007 no longer available.

Thanks in advance.

SharkOwl

Agreed!!!!

11 hours ago, SharkOwl said:

By the way Vingtor !

Thanks in advance.

SharkOwl

It has been on my mind..... 🤔

Possibly also do a sheet for post-1972 aircraft.

Nils

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vingtor said:

It has been on my mind..... 🤔

Possibly also do a sheet for post-1972 aircraft.

Nils

Very cool Vingtor.

Please let us know here if and when the reprint of 48-007 ‘’1966-1972’’ RNoAF F-5A/B reprint will be available !

The same for your eventual ‘’1972-2000’’ RNoAF F-5A/B future decal sheet.

After 2000, there was also 3 x F-5A  that were kept flying until 2007, serving with Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace

for tests in the "Eye of the Tiger" programme, supporting development of the Norwegian Penguin anti-ship missile.

Best regards

😎

SharkOwl  

Edited by SharkOwl

23 hours ago, Vingtor said:

How about some 1/72 F5A/B RF5. Norwegian markings ,for those ESCI kits I have please 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grizzly said:

How about some 1/72 F5A/B RF5. Norwegian markings ,for those ESCI kits I have please 🙂

If/when I do new F-5 decals, they will be in both 1/72 and 1/48 scale. I doubt 1/32, due to the shortage of kits.

Nils

• Thanks 2

Wolfpack Design will release a RF-5A Recon resin nose for the Kinetic 1/48 F-5A Freedom Fighter.

Cool ! Thanks to Wolfpack !

SharkOwl

Facebook reference : https://www.facebook.com/pg/wolfpackd/posts/?ref=notif

Unable to insert image. Here is the link :

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/27/klhy.jpg

Edited by SharkOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Merci pour l'info Requibou! 😉

Sample picture

106142982-3123304534429397-6855681110558

Wolfpack-Design

We will roll out 1/48 RF-5A Freedom Fighter Recon Conv. Set (for Kinetic 1/48 F-5A).
We are considering to make some decals too.

Wolfpack-Design

Yes, I’m considering to cast it by clear resin too. (It’s a sample.) And we will change a PE part too. RF-5A and F-5A have a slightly different side console.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/wolfpackd/photos/a.630752223684653/3123304531096064/

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

Not too long after Kinetic had realized that they provided two left wingtip tanks by mistake, they tried to correct it by adding proper parts for right wingtip tank. However it is still concidered as an unsuccessful attempt because the new right tank is noticeably thinner compared to the left one and still looks wrong. Hope they finally make it right this time.

HhnbhuK.jpg

sUHMA5i.jpg

And another boxing announced - ref. K48109 - Canadair CF-5A/CF-116A Freedom Fighter coming soon....

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/posts/1678464342320670

One day here: https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48109

Beautiful box art 

120244733-1678464092320695-7543863200571

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2012 at 2:56 PM, Paul J said:

Those items highlighted in red seem to be A; the venetian blind vents as appeared on the F-5E Tiger!

We had them first on our NF-5's. 😎

A number of Dutch-specific mods (Venetian blinds intake doors, powered leading edge maneouvring flaps) were later enthousiastically integrated in the F-5E/F, even though Northrop initially claimed no interest so the design and tests were paid for by the Dutch. 

And they call us cheapskates. ;)

Cheers,

Andre

• Haha 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Northrop F-5A/CF-5A/NF-5A/SF-5A Freedom Fighter by Kinetic - released - new boxing released - CF-5/CF-116A boxing later
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Northrop F-5A/CF-5A/NF-5A/SF-5A Freedom Fighter by Kinetic - released - new CF-5/CF-116A boxing in 2020?
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 5:06 PM, Homebee said:

PI000000264191.jpg

V.P.

Good news BUT, let's hope they will also re-release their photo etch set for the CF-5B. It was one of those sets that disappeared very quickly, and never got the chance to grab one for my twin-seat Freedom Fighter!!!