Vosper MTB 1/35th

Wafu

Hi all,

Anyone built the Vosper MTB in 35th yet.

I have yet to start mine and am looking at any pitfalls in the big beast.

Also any add-ons needed? I did look at a set of Lewis guns for mine as they seemed to carry them on the forward Torpedo Tubes.

Cheers the Woo

From what I've heard it goes together well. I haven't started mine yet either, but I'm going to R/C it, and still deciding how big a motor she can take. As for accessories, I have yet to see any sets released for it yet which is a bit surprising as the S boat and Elco have got loads.

Started mine a while ago and wish now that I hadn't. As more modellers are posting wip's and rfi's I find myself saying damn I wish I'd thought of that.

Definately do your research as this boat seemed to change almost weekly during its service and would have been fitted out according to mission type.

No major problems with the kit bar finding figures to crew it.

Looking at Wee Friends and ADV (which are french i think)also ooking at converting some master box fig's. I hope Itaeri do a crew for this as they have done for the rest of thier 1/35 series boats

It's a doddle no problems to speak of , all the brass makes up easy and the fit of the parts is excellent. I have built mine OOB so not worried about extras.

am just writing a review now to go on my site and hyperscale soon.

Ted

Hi all,

Anyone built the Vosper MTB in 35th yet.

I have yet to start mine and am looking at any pitfalls in the big beast.

Also any add-ons needed? I did look at a set of Lewis guns for mine as they seemed to carry them on the forward Torpedo Tubes.

Cheers the Woo

It depends on what you want, the kit is big and looks great, but up-close there is a lot of simplified detail, nothing seems to be 'inaccurate' as such, a few minor points I think, just simplified, the torpedo tubes are lacking in a lot of detail, so is the interior of the bridge and the twin Vickers turret, the depth-charges and racks are all a bit crude and basic and so far I've had to clean up virtually every part.

Its not really fair to criticise the simplified detail though, the kit has obviously been designed with the RC market in mind, simpler detail makes the bigger parts more robust.

It goes together very well, nice engineering, and its a nice size when complete, about half-way between the MAS and the PT boat.

As someone else said, you do need to pay attention to the exact type, the Vosper 72' 6" boats went through constant modifications and updates, upgraded radar, upgraded weapons, detail changes of deck layout, have a look at the Carpenters Shop board at the Model Shipwrights site... http://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/modul...&file=index there is plenty of information there and some very knowledgeable people contributing, I found it a big help.

Edited by therollercoaster