mad whiff hunter

Hi guys i said a while ago i would love to join this group build and bought a load of hunter kits that i intended to build at least one of for this GB.

I am going to do or try to do as i said a hunter that is inspired by miss demeanour and the elegant lines of the hunter. Its also going to be a Whiff but could go horribly wrong as i intend to do a very strange paint finish that is somewhat an experiment with a technique i have been dabbling with.

it will be colourfull it will be wild. it will be very 60s esque

and it will be a cheap plastyk hunter.

photos to follow.

not sure of the colours but it will be bright colours that clash.(i hope)

sorry im late joining but i have not been online much since jan the 1st as my life has been turned on its head with grandad in hospital and a new job.

cheers rob

Better hurry! :)

i intend too, it will be a basic affair cockpit painted black inside. chuck the kit together wheels up mask canopy, spray white then dip it and decal it and done.

right then work started at 5 pm this evening ill upload photos in a bit. should have her finished in time.

got the fueslage together but its a terrible fit as are the wings,

now were is that milliput.!

heres were i got to so far, im really chucking this together, i havent got much time.

the kit is a terrible fit but the kind of finish im putting on its not got to be to amazing anyhow you will see why when its painted.

the white powder is borax or boron tetraborate.

P1010497.jpg

work started at 5 pm last night and i just got the body together and wing halfs.

now im gonna get the rest on and give an update soon.

im not feeling very well today so i hope i can get this finished. for this gb. i had wanted to do more for this ive been looking forward to it as hunters are a fave of mine,

oh well the other kits will be good as standard builds.

this is my first gb entry i dont expect to do well with it but hopefully shock the eye.

cheers rob

P1010498.jpg

P1010499.jpg

P1010500.jpg

P1010502.jpg

P1010503.jpg

update, nearly there though i fear i have cocked it up abit (no suprise i was rushing just for the fun of the race to finish. ahh... well)

i could have done better i have some photos to update you of progress. looks like i fell at the last hurdle,

i have done this paint finish before but sadly its been a while and i have used far to much paint and got runs. (its been a while.)

ill probs tart her up as much as i can for the end, then at somepoint stick her in a back of oven cleaner and have another go.

anyhows here it is.

P1010504.jpg

P1010505.jpg

P1010506.jpg

P1010507.jpg

P1010508.jpg

P1010509.jpg

P1010510.jpg

P1010511.jpg

P1010512.jpg

P1010513.jpg

P1010514.jpg

P1010515.jpg

P1010516.jpg

P1010517.jpg

P1010518.jpg

P1010519.jpg

P1010520.jpg

P1010521.jpg

P1010522.jpg

:unsure::wacko::blink::hmmm::wicked::rofl::shocked::partytime::mental::yahoo::thumbsup: :speak and _cool: just about sums it up!

Can not wait to see what comes out of the bucket...

So, can you explain the process?

Happy modelling,

Christian the Married

well guys it looks like i totaly screwed this one up at the last moment, if there is oportunity for a time extention to next sunday ill have another go, but i will not be able to complete this for sunday, what a shame.

oh well. on to the paint stripper and ill have another go.

i got carried away i have done swirling before but it had been so long i was getting over excited and enjoying seeing the paint disperse accross the water.

you only need a little bit.

i should know better.

i will repaint it and post it anyways but will not be this weekend sadly.

even though i didnt quite get there it was fun none the less and some cool photos of a white hunter disapearing into a 60s swirl is art in itself.

thats were i was going with this, the hunter for me is a work of art so i wanted to combine it with some 60s swirling to celebrate its era of cool.

thanks for watching rob

Edited by robvulcan