Some of you may have seen this interesting thread on Silent Running, great SF film in my opinion

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...topic=234908811

Madmonk pointed out some great paper models of the robots, we printed them on some thick-ish paper (around 120gsm)

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/sf-papercraft/sf/Silent.html

Had a great time with my son making Louie on Sunday afternoon, took us about 2hrs sharing the scissor and scalpel cutting out

Hope you enjoy, Huey and Duey still to go

hl1.jpg

hl2.jpg

hl3.jpghl4.jpg

Oooh... now that could be converted to styrene and bulked out a bit using stills from the movie - I've always loved these three, and had quite a lump in my throat when the remaining ones found the leg on the outside of the ship. I saw some production photos with the people inside the costumes taking a breather through access panels. They were amputees, and walked on their hands inside the "legs" of the costumes. Not very comfortable, I'd imagine :S

Looks good, I've never got round to printing them off and building them but might do now.

Some of the SW ones are nice, the AT-ST in particular.

Mike's suggestion got me thinking and looking on the interweb.

Destiny Models have already done the hard work for a little under £100.

Louie!

Cheers,

Warren

Lovely... and pretty big, but that's quite a price! :shocked: Think I'll stick to the paper ones & scratch it in styrene :) My only head scratcher at the moment is the flexible tubing at the top of their legs :hmmm:

• 3 weeks later...

This thread prompted me to get the film on blu/ray, just finished watching it with my 17 year old daughter who thought it was fantastic, though the music was not really to her liking!

Think we will be down loading these three card models for over the bank holiday weekend.