CATERPILLAR COLOUR

D1fuN0

Steve, which Cat yellow? The old (pre 1979ish) one was Hiway Yellow -I've had Vallejo 71078 - golden yellow recommended as a suitable match for this colour. I haven't tried it yet to say for sure whether it works or not though.

HTH

G.

Hi

Its for the original AMT-Matchbox D8 Caterpiller Kits, which is what, a late 60's/70's machine in real life. Its still in the Postal System at the moment, so i can see what the colours are, but point noted on the Vallejo paint... Ta

Steve

Hi

Its for the original AMT-Matchbox D8 Caterpiller Kits, which is what, a late 60's/70's machine in real life. Its still in the Postal System at the moment, so i can see what the colours are, but point noted on the Vallejo paint... Ta

Steve

That's what I'm going to be using it for too (eventually!) albeit the later AMT boxing of the kit but with a new set of the original decals.

If you're not averse to rattle cans, I reckon Tamiya's TS-34 Camel Yellow is pretty close. It's a gloss paint though.

I used it on this as a good "earth mover" sort of colour, over a white undercoat to stop it getting too strong - I think at full opacity it might be a bit much:

7001285372_4f29d260a1_z.jpg

Games Workshop Golden Yellow (acrylic) is a good match too, but I don't know what the equivalent in their new paint range is called.

HTH,

Will

• 1 month later...