Had a newcomer start working with me and he has some time with BAC and Vickers. He has kindly let me use these pics and I immediately thought of this GB!

Not a wistful what if but what might have been....loooong before Airbus!

DDVC10_01.jpg

DDVC10_02.jpg

5H-MOG_1974_LHR-1.jpg

And these... I recall seeing this one from about the same carpark at Heathrow

G-ARVM_fifthengine.jpg

And one in BOAC colours. Don't you think the spare engine pods look like Buccaneer LR slipper tanks!!??? Wonder how much size difference it is, in model terms, if one was to use a 1/72 Bucc tank on a 1/144 VC10 to rpresent this? Bound to be some differences but....

Enjoy as there may be a few more soon.

Edited by Paul J

Scott Henderson's book has more dtails about this and other ideas - I would LOVE to have a go at them (if I can ever get enough kits....)

Ta1.jpg

Ta3.jpg

Just to go a bit wayward here, I found these pics of G-ARTA. It seems that this aircraft(one of the very first??) has a shorter 'clipped ' wing about it. Thought I'd raise this seeing as there is chat elsewhere regarding the BUA VC-10 wing tips. And note where the wing fence is, much like the Airfix one.

this is the prototype on rollout - like most aircraft, there were a number of changes made before in went into service;

wing fences being one, beaver tail fairings on the engines, and kuchmann tips to the wings.

The airfix kit represents the prototype after the tips and engines were changed, but not the wing fence.

You could build the airfix kit oob but only in this livery