SAXON APC SCALE DRAWINGS

D1fuN0

Good Morning

New poster here, originally from Coventry, now living in Johannesburg and working in Zambia...(Phew)

My main sphere of lunacy is British armour from WW2 to present, in 35th and 72nd scale.

Ok, so onto the question.

Does anyone have scale drawings for the Saxon APC. Been all over the interweb looking for line drawings and cant seem to find any.

Im looking to scratch build one in 35th scale and im basically just too dumb to work out sizes etc from photo's

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Steve

Good Morning

New poster here, originally from Coventry, now living in Johannesburg and working in Zambia...(Phew)

My main sphere of lunacy is British armour from WW2 to present, in 35th and 72nd scale.

Ok, so onto the question.

Does anyone have scale drawings for the Saxon APC. Been all over the interweb looking for line drawings and cant seem to find any.

Im looking to scratch build one in 35th scale and im basically just too dumb to work out sizes etc from photo's

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Steve

Milmod had a 1/35th drawing many moons ago, but I seem to recall that it lacks details of the underside. I am happy to dig it out and scan for you if you can wait a couple of days.

Regards Dave

Milmod had a 1/35th drawing many moons ago, but I seem to recall that it lacks details of the underside. I am happy to dig it out and scan for you if you can wait a couple of days.

Regards Dave

Would greatly appreciate that dave, thanks

Steve

Could always save the hassle of a scratch build by getting one of Accurate Armour`s kits of the Saxon.

Just an idea.

Malcolm

Hey Guys

Thanks for all your help (dave, okydoky etc)

You really have kinda revived the project and I really appreciate the help

May I just ask one last question, to get 1/35 scale from full size, do you simply devide full size by 35?

(hey, dont laugh... i have enough problems with like walking and breathing at the same time) :doh:

Then i would just jigger with the photo copier until you get the correct size.

Once again, thanks guys...

and yes Selwyn, I was sent from coventry... hahaaaaa

SWMBO reckons thats worse then being sent to Coventry, but shes from the North, what does she know hehe

:smurf: STEVE :smurf:

Hey Guys

Thanks for all your help (dave, okydoky etc)

You really have kinda revived the project and I really appreciate the help

May I just ask one last question, to get 1/35 scale from full size, do you simply devide full size by 35?

(hey, dont laugh... i have enough problems with like walking and breathing at the same time) :doh:

Then i would just jigger with the photo copier until you get the correct size.

Once again, thanks guys...

and yes Selwyn, I was sent from coventry... hahaaaaa

SWMBO reckons thats worse then being sent to Coventry, but shes from the North, what does she know hehe

:smurf: STEVE :smurf:

As simple as divide by 35 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, YES !!!!!!!!!!

If you want to scale up the drawings from 1/76 to 1/35 on the photocopier do the following

76 divided by 35 = 2.17

2.17 multiplied by 100 = 217

Therefore set your percentage increase on the photocopier to 217% increase and your drawings should be at 1/35 scale.

Use one of the known measurements to check the photocopier has increased the drawings to the correct size. You can reduce or increase by a percentage or two as you need to get the measurement just as right as you feel it should be.

Hope this helps and happy itchy scratchy !!!!!!!!

Nige