Aurora Prehistoric Scenes

Sorry if I have put this in the wrong section,but couldn't find the "sad old bloke re-living his youth" sub-forum.Thanks to the wonder of E-Bay and a fairly major Nostalgia crisis,I have managed to get my sweaty hands on some of these,and pun intended, prehistoric models from the early 70's.

The Dimetrodon

dimetrodon1a.jpg

Phorohacus

giantbird-Copy.jpg

Having a run in the chicken coop in the garden

giantbirdps.jpg

The Swamp

jungleswamp1.jpg

Cheers.

You must be very proud!!! wow the terror bird is just incredible!!! And the Dimetrodon very nicelly painted!!! They just look amazing!!! Hats off to them!!

The Dimetrodon is so cute I want to take him home with me, whereas the bird is somewhat scary :)

I like the paint job on the leaves too - they look very un-plastic - nice work!

The Tar pit is pretty much the "Holy Grail" for these kits,all the bases are designed to interlock with other kits in the collection,but the central hub that joins them all is the "Tar pit" Must admit to finding it a wee bit disturbing when i was younger,the helpless Woolly Rhino,and the expectant Vulture was a bit gruesome :lol:

The Tar pit is pretty much the "Holy Grail" for these kits,all the bases are designed to interlock with other kits in the collection,but the central hub that joins them all is the "Tar pit" Must admit to finding it a wee bit disturbing when i was younger,the helpless Woolly Rhino,and the expectant Vulture was a bit gruesome :lol:

Funny you say that because I remember drawing it as a kid - psychologists would have a field day in this age!

Flip side of that is I watched "The Valley of Gwangi" on TV the other day and found the final death throes of said star to be a bit unpleasant really. Poor old Gwangi!

Yep,always felt sorry for the Ymir,Gwangi,Kong etc,They always seem to cop-it in the last reel.

This just made it over the Atlantic,Never actually had this one when I was younger,but it looks pretty good.

SABRETOOTH1.jpg

Edited by Carts