John's pigs ear of an a380

ok folks

first group build, likely to be my first model showing on here to - i'll try and get some pictures up when i can

livery is still TBC; it will be an a380f so unfortunately a 'what if' for now seeing as that programmes been put on hold!

Edited by JohnHull

cheers fella's - although dont expect too much.

already the following disasters have happened:

1/ warped fuselage - the front doesnt quite fit together properly so thats had to be fixed with milliput

2/ cockpit - its melted! not sure whats happened but i came home after filling it and its all melted away - attempting a fix but will need to be reshaped

3/ undercarriage - the model somehow fell overnight (not sure if it was by itself, or assisted by other half / dog) so i've had to make it into a wheels up version.

so not going well - i might just post a picture of the box and have done with it! :)

Dont give up john.

I Had a smilar chain of events when building revells il-86.

It ended in the bin.

Dont do what i did.

i'll keep going, just seems to be plagued with problems with this one. i had one too many beers last night, woke up this morning and i 'think' i've put the horizontal stabilisers on the wrong way, so they pitch slightly down not up :stupid: i should NEVER touch my models when i'm drunk

i couldn't bin it, even if i converted it into a what-if something or other it would still be built. i'm hoping to have most of the filling and sanding completed this week ready for primer, then then need to make that call on what livery! im determined to finished it, but if i have any further issues i'll be investing in another kit

if i change my age to 7 on my profile will people take pity on me? :D

I personslly didnt like it.

The engines didnt want to marry the plane....

Quite true to life then

I read an article about someone who went on one. Apparantly the engines were quite underpowered for the beast they were attached to. This meant it had to climb slowly, level out to let the engines get back to speed, before climbing again - this was repeated to get to its desired height. Why the Russians did that I have no idea, they usually just strap another engine(s) to their stuff - the an-225 comes to mind!!

If you want to try the kit again the zvezda is awesome

Id like to do the eastern express il-96 in Cubana.

I have been to.cuba an i like the colour shemes.

Im not goin to bother with another il-86 for a while.

The il-96 is surprisingly good! Worthwhile investment

if i change my age to 7 on my profile will people take pity on me? :D

no

good luck with the repairs