Ac Ace....

heloman1

Hi Guys, a soon as I've found out how to up or download pics onto the site I will do so. You'll have to be patient. In the meantime I've taken an early ATM Cobra kit and am reverting it back to an AC Ace, whence it came.

It's not too difficult as the kit doesn't have hugely widened wheel arches. It was just a matter of shaving off the rims of the wheel arches and reinforcing the rear faces with some plasticard. Then sanding the top lip of the radiator intake to represent the more vertical profile of the the AC.

I've scrounged a 6 cylinder BMW motor from a friend in Jo'burg and have fashioned three cabs, the distributor, starter motor, coil, fuel and oil pimps plus new rocker covers. There is plenty to do I'm getting close to doing some serious painting, I'm hoping to have it ready to show at the NNL in Kimberley in September.

Colin on the Africa Station

Oooh! this sounds good as it is one of my favorite cars of my era ( no , don't ask my age :clif: ) as I knew someone with an original waaaay back when.

interesting use of the BMW motor though as it all their good for :whistle: !

I discovered how to upload pictures by using the photobucket account, load the pics to there, & just click on the URL tag to copy, & paste on your post. simples! ( well it must be, as I am a fossil on computors :frantic: )

look forward to the pics.

Mark ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guy's, Sorry for the absence, I've been bogged down with matters rotary. I need to get back to it soonish. Mark, thanks for the tips re photobucket, I'll give it a whirl, you never know I might end up learning something!

Colin on the Africa Station