GW W40K Scouts

Hi guys. :newb: My first inspection, kind of my way of saying helo and thank you for the many tips I've picked up lurking! :D

Anyone remember this wee guy?

IMGP4183.jpg

That's his original enamel. :pipe: Back when Airfix dabbled in such alchemy... 'bout '84, as I recall.

I'd been painting a few minis for my kids when I found some of his buddies. They were probably worth something, still in their original packaging, but I really couldn't resist the temptation. :winkgrin:

So, a quick dab with some GW acrylic and Vallejo varnish:

IMGP4192.jpg

It's kicked off my interest again. I bought a few bits and bobs, here's the first batch:

IMGP4197.jpg

IMGP4204.jpg

IMGP4205.jpg

And to give an idea of the scale, for those who haven't seen any GW minis in the flesh:

IMGP4212.jpg

Thanks for viewing, comments and mickey taking welcomed. Don't worry, your Golden Demon's safe for now! :D

looking good buddy, soon there will be enough of us 40k fans on here we could perhaps claim a group build in the name of the emperor

Very nice!

I'd be up for a group build. My next project is a Forge World Leman Russ Executuioner which is on its way!

Sorry guys :newb: what does a 'group build' involve?

Loads or a few like minded modellers who set themselves a timelimit to complete builds based on a theme.

so at the begining you would post up a picture of your unbuilt kit to prove that it exists and its unstarted

if you wish you can post progress updates along the way so we can see how you are doing.

and once its done you post a few pictures of the finished product.

then the rest of us vote on who's we think is the best with the winner getting either a prize or just kudos or both

hope thats clearer than mud

:speak_cool: Sounds like fun! I've got a speeder (Storm) on the back burner- could I use that? Bearing in mind I've still got the jump troops to finish, plus a couple of character minis and some unrelated 1/72nd stuff on the go... :D Edited by oileanach

well officially group builds are supposed to have a set date have a look on the gb section, but i guess us 40kers could all just agree to somet between ourselves.

I have a strom and a box of space wolf terminators to get done and my squad of bloodclaws to finish casting parts for, thats along with my dreadnought and ork megadread crikey my to be finished list is getting quite long

If you can expand it to include WHFB I need an excuese to get a new Empire Griffon.

I'm still not sure where to stick completed minis. I think I might settle on here, since the next lot will be in a vehicle...

For anyone interested, the second batch of RG are here

• 2 months later...