MV Augusta

Fazer

Hi Guys,

Time I posted something on here as a long time lurker who mainly dabbles in figures & busts( but I also have a motorcycle fetish! :D ) so here is my WIP on a revell MV Augusta straight from the box. Okay, a little extra work such as the wheels are respoke with stainless steel pins, chain links reamed out with a rotary bit, a stainless steel tank strap & a little mod work on the engine.

Let me know what you think guys, all critism accepted!MVAugusta04.jpgMVAugusta03.jpgMVAugusta02.jpgMVAugusta01.jpg

Lookin' bloody lovely Faser, I take it, it is one of the old and decidedly dodgy Protar kits. They deffinitely need a lot of work to make them look like something. I've got the BMW combination under way somewhere, I've used SS steel pool brush bristles for the spoke, they're thin enough and a bit flexible too and cheap to boot. I've also got the Manx Norton under way but that one is going to take a lot of work, the cylinder head is a shocker, I've worked up a set of drawings to PE the fins and spacers. It's so long since I did any work on the drawings, I think I'm going to have to start again ,or make it in styrene to see if it works.

Have you seen Italeri have re-re;eased some of the kits under their label, good luck with the build.

Colin on the Africa Station

Thanks Mike, taken note on the base :D & Colin, your right on the Protar kits re-issued by Revell. :rolleyes: I have a number of the old kits as well so this is a prelude to the rebuildsof them :lol:

I wish I had a pool to buy a brush :snorkle: but I have access to the better halfs bridal pins :)

more soon!

Mark

Hi Mark, Glad to here you have some MV's in stock, it's one of the kits I do not have!. The SS pool brush is good as the bristles are uniform in length and diameter, soft enough to get a good 90 degree bend where it needs to go into the hub. Bridal pins are those that you use to hold the bridesmades down with? I think the bridal pins maybe a bit too thick for your purpose, it might be worth you looking out for one. I don't have a pool any longer, too much effort and expense to look after for the benefit! They stock the brushes at my local hardware store, so I'm lucky.

Besides the Norton and the BMW, I've also got Ago's Yami on the stocks but reference info is difficult to come by.

Colin on the Africa Station

looking very good, these old protar kits get a rough time but the engineering is fabulous in my opinion, the only kits I've ever seen that have working cranks etc. I have a 3 and 4 cylinder MV and a few others in my stash and a 7R AJS to complete, maybe....