very late entry

Hi everyone

I've been watching this GB with interest since it began and having amassed a few 190's in the stash I've been wanting to enter since that time.

100_0710.jpg

However work and family commitments left me with very little time to build and I'm wondering if I can turn one out in a few days? I've always been a fan of the 190 and have really wanted to do a replica of the JG1 machine illustrated by Nicholas Trudgian in his painting 'storm chasers'

storm_chasers.jpg

Hells' bells - you'd better get started then...3-4 days to go... B)

EDIT: Great pic by the way, love Trudgian's stuff

Edited by AndyC

So, which kit?

AS you see I'm spoilt for choice but I think I'm going to do the OLD monogram kit I picked up in a shop clearance long before my return to modelling late last year - instruction sheet dates from 1965.

A quick check of the parts and they all seem to be there.

100_0793.jpg

And a taped test fit didn't show up any major flaws.

100_0791.jpg

First job is to rescribe the panel lines - wish me luck for a first time attempt!

I intend to build this using no real aftermarket parts but may exchange a few parts from the spares in the other boxes, for example the underwing armament covers as seen here. I did consider replacing the oversize wing root bulges for one's from the Eduard kit but the task seemed too big for the time frame.

100_0794.jpg

Edited by ratpit

Another first - I want to do this as an inflight bird, as in Trudgian's pic.

So here goes carving up the prop - EEEK!!

100_0796.jpg

And a test fit/view of my attempt at a spinning prop - if this goes wrong it'll be in the bin and aboandon hope of entering the GB!

obviously needs a bit more work to fully blend in but not too bad!

100_0798.jpg

Had enough for today now!

I know the GB ends on Sunday but is there a final cut off time for entires???

I think that may be the same basic kit I used for my 'blue' 190 (see the finished builds) - it has no wheel well detail (unless you are not bothered) and so the undercarriage is also poorly detailed but the overall shape is good - look forward to seeing her done

Yeah, thanks Andy

That was part of my reason for choosing the monogram kit - as I intend to pose the undrcarriage being retracted so the bays won't be visible

Adam

yesterdays work - sub assemblies done

100_0803.jpg

100_0804.jpg

in fitting the underwing panels the outboard cannond didn't line up so I've nabbed a couple of bits from my hasegawa a-7 and fitted them in line

100_0805.jpg

Hopefully get everything married together in a an hour or so and begin painting tonight - got a rush on!!

Any one confirm deadline for builds in to the gallery?

A quick '15 minute' cockpit. Just a simple dry brushing as this is going to be a closed up bird, and not much to see.

100_0807.jpg

100_0808.jpg

All major components together and beginning to fill them gaps!!

100_0809.jpg

100_0810.jpg

100_0811.jpg

two coats of Halfords primer and I'm back to where I should have been 24 hours ago! Still a lot to do......

Question - has anyone ever ued Halfords primer as RLM75? Maybe a bit light but looks quite close to my first 190 in the ready for inspection part of the site. BM RFI post

100_0812.jpg

100_0813.jpg

Excellent! I love speed builds as they show whats possible when you really focus.

Fingers crossed this one makes it in time. (Midnight tonight)

And yet again someone showing whats possible with an old kit. Good for you.

Steve

Hi all

many apologies but having to bin this entry! :(

Built and painted and even most of decals on but big disaster with the white on the cowl.

Many a modellers nemesis - white paint!!!

And I'm out of thinners so unable to strip back. I'll put it in the RFI when finished as up to that point I was very happy with the speed build - next time?!

Edited by ratpit