1/32 Revell Indian AF Hunter Mk 56A

Hi all

This is my 1/32 Revell Hunter F.6 built to represent BA360A, a F.56A of the Indian Air Force's Hunter Operational Conversion Unit in about 1971, at the time of the Indo-Pakistan War. At the Battle of Longewala, OCU Hunters armed with Matra/SNEB rockets and their Aden cannon decimated a Pakistani armoured thrust which suffered because of inadequate battlefield reconnaissance and a lack of supporting AAA. PAF fighters were also deployed elsewhere adding to the defeat. BA360A is built to represent one of those OCU Hunters immediately after the battle.

This was a great kit with great fit. The Build thread is Here I had a few problems with my finish - not something I am usually prone to but it was quite rough in places and the decals have suffered somewhat with silvering. I will go back and use a sharp scalpel blade and Micro-Set on the worst.

It was mostly OOB save for the tape seat belts and the a/c was painted in standard (at the time) DG/DSG/MSG camo. I used Xtracrylix, Alclad, Tamiya and Mr Colour metal paints throughout. Wheel wells got a Flory wash, weathering generally was with Tamiya Smoke and pastels. Finally she was coated with Alclad Klear Kote Matt.

The decals were an Aeromaster set "Foreign Hunters PtIV" and were OK-ish. The stencils were Revell's kit ones.

Thanks for looking and nice to chalk up another 1/32 build - they could become addictive

001-4.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

008-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

Lovely! The first one I have seen in Indian markings.

Cheers! It just so happened that I had been reading about these Indian a/c and that battle and then this GB came along. It was a toss-up whether to go for the Hunter or the Big Scale. Anyhow, a fellow BM-er flogged me the decals when I spied the set I needed for sale and Bob's your father's brother! I like to build the 'unusual' occasionally - and this fits the bill...

Really great build Andy, well done - what a beast of a model - cant wait to get onto mine but got nowhere to put it!

cheers

Simon

Thanks Simon - fortunately I have a shelf in a built in wardrobe to put my larger kits!

Edited by AndyC

Wow, Andy, an extremely impressive build of this lovely Hunter jet fighter ! It must be a knockout to see in 1/32 scale.

Working in this scale, I look forward to your build thread on the new museum wing to be added on to your house for display of these replicas ! :D

Mike

Great work, this plane looks really superb!

Thank you Luis - not my greatest but I am pleased with how she turned out

Wow, Andy, an extremely impressive build of this lovely Hunter jet fighter ! It must be a knockout to see in 1/32 scale.

Working in this scale, I look forward to your build thread on the new museum wing to be added on to your house for display of these replicas ! :D

Mike

Ha! Thanks Mike and you're not wrong! Once the Tomcat is done I think I will have a break from 1/32

Very nice indeed.

Thanks Jim, as ever!