Lancaster B.III, RAE Farnborough 1945

Hi folks,

My latest and so far only achievement for 2012 so far!

Photos not the best, but they never are where I am concerned. :shrug: The kit was Tamiya's original B.I/III 1/48 offering with many elements from Eduard (flaps, bomb bay, exterior and interior)

IMG_20120222_112752 IMG_20120222_112850 DSCN3925

That thumbprint was removed after I saw these pics!

DSCN3924

1-48 Tamiya Lancaster

DSCN3928

DSCN3931

DSCN3932

DSCN3934

DSCN3935

DSCN3936

DSCN3937

This is the first propellered thing I've made for years (that wasn't designed to live in the water anyway!) and it was kinda fun. It now lives with its new owner who made his first ever flight in it in 1945, aged 16!

Cheers,

Alan

Edited by Alan P
  • Like 1

Thanks to everyone who commented :)

The Eduard interior is very nice - shame none of it is visible when finished!!

Cheers everyone,

Al

Great stuff Al, you've smashed the old girl nicely into shape...(no Alclad finish this time then?? :whistle: ). All the extra detail certainly adds to the look, though I know what you mean about the interior detail...I'm about to do exactly the same thing!..makes you wonder why we bother :doh:

(Love the beer can holder behind the radio ops seat!!)..

Melchie.

Yes Melchie, why indeed do we bother!!? Like why did I just apply 70 stencils to the bottom of my big Phantom that no-one is ever going to see? :confused:

As for the beer can holder.... I'm at a loss to explain, but all the seats had one!

Al

Like why did I just apply 70 stencils to the bottom of my big Phantom that no-one is ever going to see? confused.gif

It's because Sods Law says that if we don't someone is going to come along and point out that there are no stencils underneath your big Phantom. I mean what are we playing at!!. I filled my first Valiant and Vulcan with detail that will never be seen unless someone decides in future time to break it open like an Easter egg just to 'have a look'. I've decided from now on though I'll just add stuff that can readily be seen!!.........(or maybe not.......wel,l alright just one more time......but that's it.........finito... :wicked: ).

At least we can relate it all here to be recorded for posterity, I s'pose. Now back to super detailing a lot more stuff that no one will ever see !!!

• 6 months later...