Pan Am A380

Here's the first pic. Some more surface work to do before painting. Started the engines and was going to to the wings but the starboard wing has a little warping out toward the tip so I'm going to run some real hot water over it and tape it down and hopefully that will take care of it. I tried flexing it with no luck.

fbe3aa37.jpg

Edited by kg4kpg

Well, since I got home Sunday I got the windows filled, weights in, landing gear done, except I snapped off the nose gear half way up. I got the fuselage closed up and some sanding done. For the nose gear, I have only drilled out holes to pin it back together but that won't happen until later. They need to make the kit where you can install the gear later. I saw a write-up somewhere on a way to do it but couldn't find it so I had to go in instruction order. I'll finish sanding tonight then get to the wings. I'll post a couple pics later. C'ya

Okay, I need to know the secret to painting the swirl in the intake??? I did one and it isn't as bad as I thought, but I think it definately could be better. I can post a pic of it later but I want to know your techniques.

Chris

Funny, I just realized the kit decal sheet has the swirl decal so that it what I'll use. I'd still be interested in knowing what you do with your kits that don't include it though.

Edited by kg4kpg

except I snapped off the nose gear half way up.....They need to make the kit where you can install the gear later.

This is a common fault with revell kits. Personally I never stick the nose hear in as the instruction says - I know I'd snag it and break it :(

I've not done it to mine but I read somewhere that if you cut a chunk out of the mounting points, you can put the undercarriage in after the fuselage is assembled. So instead of a circular mounting point, you end up with a upside down 'U' shape if you see what I mean.

I've not done it to mine but I read somewhere that if you cut a chunk out of the mounting points, you can put the undercarriage in after the fuselage is assembled. So instead of a circular mounting point, you end up with a upside down 'U' shape if you see what I mean.

I saw that build report once as well hut can't find it on the web now. I thought I printed it out. Oh well, live and learn.

One engine done. The front ring is drying. A little scale action.

635f6376.jpg

Did the A380 designers not think of us modelers when they designed this plane?

nope :)

Okay now, 22 wheels??? Did the A380 designers not think of us modelers when they designed this plane? My hands hurt, time to stop for the night.

Wimp! You ought to try doing armour. I've got kits that need 40 tyres, and well over a thousand to paint, all told!

obviously the designers of said armour didnt think of modellers either.....how inconsiderate.....

:)

you'll have to finish her now......

and brad - how do you know ???????

(what HAVE you been watching on tv....?)

true ^ ....but the reference to Pam in this case was Kg typed Pam Am instead of Pan....:)

and I still say he has to finish it now

• 2 months later...