Refresh time ?

Right while waiting for some stuff to dry i thought id give myself a weekend project... A had an old Airfix 1:72nd Junkers Stuka kit built back when i was about 14 and looking at it now it still looks quite decent despite some unfortunate decal browning and a lil whitening on the canopy... So i thought... Over the next few days could i sharpen it up enough to feel happy putting it in the cabinet next to my newer builds or is it time for the bin ?

First issue was discovering a complete repaint would be a bad idea as new decals are surprisingly absent from listings.. Hmm... Have a an idea ? Lets see....

At the least it should provide some practice before letting loose on "proper" builds... So... Here we go

0789991376-vi.jpg

Here she is looking straight enough but a lil tired...

0790012464-vi.jpg

Bad whitening on the canopy but can a little paint touch up help ?

032885888-vi.jpg

More dificult is this bad browing on the underside... Still i have a cunning plan...

26135501360-vi.jpg

072559792-vi.jpg

Here goes ... First up touch up some paint around the edge of the canopy to see if we can hide that whitening...

51135526816-vi.jpg

Annnnd the first disaster... :) Clumsy fingers and old glue meant while peeling off the masking this happened... Still a minor set back....

Can anyone guess my masterplan ? :)

Can anyone guess my masterplan ? :)

To guess your masterplan I was wondering, what would I do with it?

I think give it a makeover with fresh decals from the spares box (if there is one) and turn it into a nice model again. Maybe a captured stuka with British markings would be an idea?

It would seem that stuka decals are very hard to get hold of... So they will in fact be staying.... I have a different idea...

02277434704-vi.jpg

Nasty seam down the centre line... Easy fix though..

02277469872-vi.jpg

Bit of Mr surfacer dribblied down and left to dry overnight... Right... Off to do some sanding...

:)

As i said it is VERY old ;)lol

Now question time... Does anyone know what this lump on the side is ? I assume its a vague representation of something but what ? A decent pic of the real thing folks ?

23268444272-vi.jpg

ta :)