RAF C-130 Hercules

Lovely modelling, you can not go wrong with an RAF Herk and I love the old original scheme,.....nice one,..your interior is especially impressive..

Without checking reference pics,..could I just ask whether it is correct to have the under wing roundel inboard of the serial,...I`ve never seen that before.

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

That is a beautiful looking Herc and the BH1/Landy combo just bring back memories of the old Airfix box.

Not wanting to get too serious and burst the nostalgia bubble, but there are a few technical inaccuaries with the BH1/Landy set-up, which I'll put down to artistic license.

• Like 1

Cheers for the comments guys :)

Without checking reference pics,..could I just ask whether it is correct to have the under wing roundel inboard of the serial,...I`ve never seen that before.

Cheers

Tony

Tony I thought it a tad strange too, but I followed the instruction sheet:

ADTS7224.jpg

image hosting 20mb

• Like 1

Hey, your family and especially your brother must have been well off.

The memory of woolworths and looking at the mega expensive Hercules which I seem to remember was series xxx! brings me back to being a kid all over again. I could have bought one if the pick and mix hadn't been so tempting !

• Like 1

Lovely modelling, you can not go wrong with an RAF Herk and I love the old original scheme,.....nice one,..your interior is especially impressive..

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony.

I thought it odd when doing the sheet but a quick search of a.net I found this:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/Lockheed-C-130K-Hercules/1219355/L/&sid=80a95364983b1b135d0efce7485e6506

Cheers

Ray

• Like 1

The project was inspired by the box art from Airfix's Hercules.

I remember seeing it on the shelves in Woolworths.

Yep me too.... Great build, thanks for the trip down memory lane... !!

Ian

• Like 1

You've clearly taken a lot of care and effort with this project, well done. I love the way that you've replicated the Airfix box art, that's a great touch.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Great work - having just done a couple of similar builds I can see how much effort has gone into this. Well done for your attention to the interior as well; that was just a step too far for me I’m afraid.

• Like 1

Excellent,.... I really love what you`ve done with the Herk,..... the additional work really lifts it and the scheme is wonderful,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1