"...the revell main undercarge wheels doors are not as they should be in the revell kit..."

pardon?

You mean they aren't right?

Just imagine trying to build this thing with no instructions or transparencies. That was a magnificent challenge when I was given one of the test shots that Revell sent to Airbus for approval way back when. I didn't know the gear needed to go in first, of course, and the thing wa made from the thinnest, most pitted bright blue plastic you ever did see (which can still just about be seen in a couple of spots deep inside the main gear bays if you look close enough with a torch). Still, build it (and approve it) I did even if I had to wait a few years afterwards to have any decals for it when I selected the MSN004 (F-WWDD - someone's idea of a little joke) temporary Singapore Airlines decals. I'm still pleased with the result given that I had no guidance of any kind whatsoever:

FinishedA3801.jpg

Dan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, how go the build everyone. After nearly 3 weeks in the Wisconsin wilderness I will be home this weekend and hopefully get back to my A380 early next week. Prior to leaving I painted the fuselage and put some clear over it but I guess I didn't sand it and it wasn't smooth enough for decals so that will be my first mission.

C'ya,

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

Well ive got my two A380's up to rub down primer stage the undercarriage is a probelm they are so thin and flimsy you can knock them of quite easily.

One is "First Flight" markings and one is in my Olympic scheme.

Hopefully i should be able to get them into the paint shop for some white gloss all over.

Masking is going to take some time

The first time ive built A380 any other surprise's await us ?

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, sorry I didn't finish in time but between work, military, and school, just got too busy. So anyway, got back to it this week and had to put a new coat of paint and started dealing the fuselage tonight. Hopefully I can be done by the end of the month. I'll post some updated pics in my build hanger this weekend.

Cheers,

Chris