Roden 1/48 Junkers D.1

487 Squadron

Internal corrugations from household tinfoil, scratched fuselage framing and fuel pump, Master MG barrels, and correct sized Axial prop, seatbelts, and instruments from the spares box, otherwise OOB ;) Paint scheme that of an airframe discovered at Evere, possibly Marine-Feld-Jagdstaffel 1.

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0790-1.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0778-1.jpg

IMG_0766-1.jpg

Edited by 487 Squadron

Nice! I did the Roden 1/72 version of this (well, it was corrugated, single wing and a Junkers WW1 aircraft anyway) and it looked good before I started building it. I was not used to Roden then and just finding my way back into kit building. Yours is much more like I was hoping mine to turn out...

Great finish, best regards, Ray

Very nice build.How did you get the corrugations on the internal skinning with the tin foil,and overcome its fragile nature?What airscrew did you use?I've got the Roden kit but have not started it yet due to mainly the lack of detail on the interior and was wondering how to overcome the problem.

Dave.

Very nice build.How did you get the corrugations on the internal skinning with the tin foil,and overcome its fragile nature?What airscrew did you use?I've got the Roden kit but have not started it yet due to mainly the lack of detail on the interior and was wondering how to overcome the problem.

Dave.

Here's a link to how I did it: http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=185.0

The prop is simply a leftover from an Eduard Fokker DVII kit.

Thanks Dragonlance,and 487 Sqdn,thanks for the link to that method with the tinfoil,also read the blog,brilliant stuff,inspirational.

Dave.