Trumpeter Spiteful

Shane, I'm not sure I agree with your logic- I don't think there's ever been much information available on the Spitfeful. I don't know how Tore did it, but it is alleged that some of his Spitfires (18?) are still the most accurate shapes in 48th. I confess I haven't verified it myself.

Andrew, it is looking good! Too bad they goofed the gear area, that's rather complicated to "ungoof".

bob

Bob, the Falcon Spitfire XVIII is indeed a very nice kit, I've made one and it's probaly one of the most accurate Spitfires availible in outline, much ,much nicer than the Academy Mk XIV , I've got another in the stash.

Your right about the gear area, but I'm not quite sure yet how to cure it, will need some major surgery to the wheel bays for starters, will leave this for the next build perhaps.

Anyway, the model is now coming along nicely , gloss coat on ,courtesy of Klear, and starting to apply the decals. You can bin the Trumpeter decals, the're wrong in colour and size, I'm using Eagle Strike roundels for this Spiteful, I don't tend to use setting solutions very often ,just bed the decals down on a brushful of wet Klear, seems to work for me.

001-3.jpg

Edited by Andrew Jones

I think I'll have to call this one finished now, satin coat on care of Games Workshop "purity seal". As a first production example ,fresh off the line, I've picked RB515 with little or no weathering.

I'm quite happy with this model, can see several things that need improving with this kit, but maybe next time. It certainly looks like a Spiteful and is easier to finish than the Silver Cloud kit.

002-4.jpg

001-4.jpg

Maybe this one next time , RB518 ,with an interesting cut-back Seafire 47 type air intake, found this pic on the internet, never seen this style intake before.

RB518-neg3930.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Andrew...

...been researching this beastie myself. I think Trumpy had the front of the wing fairly correct ( about level with second last exhaust port outlet) , but did not extend the chord back enough to the middle of the cockpit door.

Just my observation off period photos...

tx

Steve

• 1 year later...