1/24 Bedford TM

Okdoky

Does it have the authentic army vehicle smell?

John ,,,,,,,,,, it is amazing how a diesel pumping motor spewing out fumes brings back some fond memories of exercises in the UK and Germany !!!! Maybe need to bottle some fumes and put it beside the model !!!!

Hi Nige, looks like you are very close to the finish line, brilliant job you have done

:popcorn::popcorn:

Regards

Richard

If I could stop finding things I still need to do in the cab and all around !!!!!

Coming in nicely - you could post pics of this in the walk around section!

I'd love to see it (and the DROPS) for real; are you taking them to any shows?

Ha ha ha ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Brian ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I could cheat and swap the model pics for the thousand or so reference pics !!!!!! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Will be heading for Perth as usual and hope to catch up with masters such as Tony Mousley and Steve Belerby with there works of art !!!!!

20160214_180319.jpg

20160214_180410.jpg

20160214_180518.jpg

20160214_180838.jpg

20160214_182956.jpg

20160214_184152.jpg

20160214_194432.jpg

20160214_204554.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

Sorry not been on for a while but hopefully was not wasted as instead of doing f all I got my head into some of the outstanding details. Still not finished as I keep finding things I need to add or do !!!! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The TARP is something I am still not 100% happy with ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, shape, colour, texture and tie downs !!!!!!!!

Will be re-doing the tarp with a couple of options hopefully to be able to swap over if I can get the logistics right !!!!

Here is what went to Perth show and some more detailing since on the hip ring tie downs, radiator header tank and pipes !!!!!

Perth%202016%20Bedford%20TM.jpg

Perth%20Petes%20table%202016%20TM%204.jp

Perth%20Petes%20table%202016%20TM%20%205

Perth%20Petes%20table%202016%20TM%20%209

Perth%20Petes%20table%202016%20TM.jpg

Bedford%20TM%20at%20Perth%202016.jpg

20160502_233557.jpg

20160502_233526.jpg

20160502_233440.jpg

20160502_233403.jpg

20160502_233103.jpg

20160502_233044.jpg

20160502_232623.jpg

20160502_232539.jpg

20160501_173404.jpg
20160502_232608.jpg

• Like 5

Brian

I see the other guys results on KFS and the other sites and just can't seem to catch the nack !!!! This will be my 7th or eighth tilt attempt so far but is already off the frame to give it another go !!!!

Might try a local craft shop to see if I can find different grades of tissues !!!! And then more attempts at painting it too !!!!

Nige

• 2 years later...

Hi folks

Not been on in years as thought Photobucket had screwed everybody up ! I see some of my photos appearing and saying proudly hosted by Photobucket !

Anyone got a clue what happened in my absence ?

Will maybe get around to checking out the site again as have missed popping in to see how folks were getting on with their builds but as other folks photos were missing it seemed pointless to keep going ! I hope this is a positive change since I was last !

Hope everybody is well and hope to reconnect with those who pushed me on with my builds ! Serious MOJO loss and much need of getting back on my builds !

HAPPY NEW YEAR AS WELL

Nige

• Like 4

Ah, the prodigal modeller returns... welcome back Nige and happy New Year!

PB seem to have backtracked on their decision to stop allowing pictures to be linked to other websites from their free accounts.

Anyhow, you have had a couple of years to finish all your decorating so I am looking forward to seeing some of your modelling skills again!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Kirk

Had a bit of an Annus Horibilis with work and family health issues in 2018 and just getting my head out of it all ! Not had much joy out of my model building which was normally my stress relief ! When Photobucket screwed us all up it kind of put me off the forums because uploading was going to take a lot more organising too ! Have missed you all though as it was certainly good at boosting my mojo to build !

Did potter about with the Landrover lightweight scratchbuild with some fixes to chassis after comparing with the lovely KFS Lightweight kit that I bought from another modeller a while ago ! Also bought the KFS Landrover ambulance as well so have that in the stash now too. There is my scratchbuild Arrows trailer for the TM to tow as well that needs completing !

My Bedford MK UBRE build was the last project that I started but got hung up on the large fuel tanks construction so need to give them a bit of thought as to how I want to build them, either solid or hollow, and with what materials ! Also want to tackle the 1/25 Centurion conversion to AVRE and I also have the 1/25 Chieftain !

Now my work issues are getting sorted out, I hope that my mojo will return and I will work out what I am going to concentrate on !

Sorry to hear that Nige. Life has an irritating way of dealing us a very poor hand every so often and it's even worse when our favoured distractions don't quite cut the mustard. Can't help with advice on the MK fuel tanks either I'm afraid. Styrene over a balsa core?

That looks like a very busy queue on the bench, but I keep hoping that you'll start that QM trailer at some point. Send me a pm if that becomes a possibility as I may have some stuff to help.

Kirk

PS/ I have been missing all your exclamation marks too! (Nobody does them better!! Especially me!!!)

• Haha 1