1:48 Italeri F-16A, Fuerza Aérea Venezolana

Whilst I wait for some more gold paint to arrive for my first build I thought I would have a go at this one:

main-12.jpg

Using this kit:

IMG_0421.jpg

And these decals, supplied with the kit:

IMG_0423.jpg

As per usual I made a start with the cockpit and ejector seat and I added a 'shim' to the cockpit fillet.

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

and a little filler

IMG_0418.jpg

Next some sanding and then a rescribe of the whole 'fillet' as italeri's moulded all the panel lines about 2.5 mm too far back.

more soon...

Edited by Mish

That tail art is a real looker!! Send me an PM with your email, I've got some pics on of an walk-around of the jet (or at least of the twin seater)

.... it does look like the revell. Tonight I'm gonna take some pics of the two to compare.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mike, it's not bad, I've now built five of these and they have their faults but I now how to overcome them. That said no two are the same :shrug: However for fit I rate this kit over the Hasegawa. (Prepares to be run out of town at the end of pitchfork and burnt at the stake as a heretic)

Great spraywork Mish. I can't imagine that I would ever be as neat when spraying freehand. What make of airbrush/nozzle size do you use?
Good work with the freehand camo Mish, this is getting interesting... :popcorn:

Thanks guys. Airbrush is a H&S Evolution using a 0.2mm needle, paint is Lifecolour, pressure approx 12 psi / 1 bar

Ready for decaling

IMG_0469.jpg

More tomorrow

Thanks guys. Airbrush is a H&S Evolution using a 0.2mm needle, paint is Lifecolour, pressure approx 12 psi / 1 bar

Thanks for the airbrush details Mish, I think I might have to upgrade mine. I use an Aztek but I am not happy with the results, I can't decide if it's the brush or the operator. I am hoping that it is the latter because it wasn't a cheap investment.

Those tail art decals look brilliant, they seem to have gone on really well. Looking good as always.