Ilyushin Il-2 Shturmovik soon

marky sparky

My only concern would be the price, hopefully Tamiya will sell it at common sense prices.

The problem is Mark that tamiya dont set the price of the kit in the Uk the distributer does, why pay 55 quid from hannants when you can buy for half that out of japan!

So did all the good reviews of the accurate minitures get it wrong (i have one in my stash, drat and bother!)

Plimsol, your AM kit is a fine kit. However, it looks like the Tamiya kit will be even better. Remember that the AM kit was released some 15 years ago, and there have been many advances in moulding technology (and VVS research) so this Tamiya kit should be a real cracker. KiwiSteve is correct - buy it from Japan - I have one pre-ordered for $42USD (this doesn't include shipping) from Hobby Link Japan, which I think is a reasonable price for what will be a fairly large kit with no doubt lots of parts. Which AM kit do you have - the single-seater or the arrow (swept-winged version)?

Regards,

Jason

Untill you try to build it.... :devil:

Panoz, I admit I haven't built the AM kit, but I have built its smaller cousin, the Academy kit without too much trouble. I don't imagine the AM kit is going to be that much more trouble, despite being bigger. The Hobby Boss kit is like its larger cousin in terms of construction, and I built that without too much trouble, either. I've read about other IL-2 kits having fit problems, such as the Smer kits and the Eduard kits, yet when I built them, I didn't find them to be too difficult to build. Maybe they don't have the fit of Tamiya (a reason we need the Tamiya kit in 1/48th, 1/72nd, and 1/32nd scales), but nothing that an experienced modeller can't handle, in my opinion.

Regards,

Jason

Panoz, I admit I haven't built the AM kit, but I have built its smaller cousin, the Academy kit without too much trouble. I don't imagine the AM kit is going to be that much more trouble, despite being bigger.

It is!!! :lol: As for Academy, I don't know; they might have improved the fit as Hobbyboss did when they copied the Eduard Mirage...

Maybe they don't have the fit of Tamiya (a reason we need the Tamiya kit in 1/48th, 1/72nd, and 1/32nd scales)

Do we??? Kind of hoped for an F-22... :lol::lol::lol:

• 1 month later...