Australian Army Tiger ARH

Hi everyone

This is the Hobby Boss 1/72 Eurocopter Tigre HAP kit, which I recently built into an Australian Army Aviation (AAAvn) Tiger Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter (ARH).

It was mainly built OOB with the exception of the cross-shaped aerial on the lower part of the fuselage, which I scratch-built using plastic card. The long aerial is from the Revell kit (donated by a friend) and the hellfire missiles, 19-shot rocket pod and 2 x 7-shot rocket pods are from my spares box. It was airbrushed with acrylics and the decals are from the kit. It was my first Hobby Boss kit and I found it a pleasure to build. The canopy was such a nice tight fit it hasn't even been glued!

Thanks for looking...

Cheers

Greg

4-6.jpg

3-5.jpg

2-6.jpg

Edited by gmoss
  • Like 4

Thanks Jonas

Yes, it is one of the very few kits that contain an Australian option. I also found the scheme to be quite accurate when compared to all my reference (walk-around) photos.

Cheers

Greg

Edited by gmoss

• 2 weeks later...

Greg,

Nice work there!!

In 1/48, Italeri used to do two kits, one French, one German, but they may have been of the prototypes, so I've no idea what needs to be added, let alone any Australian upgrades.

#842 was the Eurocopter HAP-2 Tiger, with canon turret

#844 was the PAH-2 Tiger, without

more details here: http://www.helokit.com/?p=434

Regards,

Gerard

In 1/48, Italeri used to do two kits, one French, one German, but they may have been of the prototypes, so I've no idea what needs to be added, let alone any Australian upgrades.

Russ French of Defence Models and Graphics, does a nice Australian update for it too. -But good luck getting the Italeri kit (rare) !!!

Imagetigbits.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Am looking to get the Hobbyboss kit. But the lack of Hellfire seems an obvious oversight.

Which is a surprise seeing how good the HB weapons options usually are.

The Hind could be "bombed up" twice over with the number of options supplied.

I have an Italeri Comanche which I may cannibalise the Hellfire from and just build it rocket less (more like a prototype IMO).

You have convinced me to make this purchase.

Cheers

J