1/72 Revell halifax

well having done the reivew of this kit HERE i am getting bogged down with the Tornado so this should be a fun build, it will be built OOB not sure which scheme yet but heres a couple of box shots from the review

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

so instead of mixing the baint for the interior green as per revell instructions ove gone for Humbrol 78 acrylic paint

DSCF00014.jpg

2012-04-18142900.jpg

started on the wings, they come off so i may paint them before installing

any way been plaing with a Star wars Stand!, i think shes going wheels up

2012-04-19160932.jpg

2012-04-19160942.jpg

first coat of primer on, not much re sanding to do

2012-04-20142749.jpg

2012-04-20142739.jpg

think im going costal command

Very nice Mark.

I would vote for Coastal Command too. It looks smart already in its white primer coat.

What brand is this primer if I may ask?

Cheers,

ron

it is Halfords own acrylic white primer!

thats to the rest of you for your comments

Thank you.

This primer seems very suitable for a white top coat. I didn't know about its existence.

Cheers!

ron

halford's is a Car parts place in the uk and they do a range of paints to match cars, now they do 4 colours of primer, grey, black red and white and are fantastic! (they come in rattle cans)

Fantastic. I'm going to stick mine together OOB just because I've been fascinated with desert Halis since getting the 'air war in the desert' volumes in the '70s! It's a horrible shame that Revell managed to get so much wrong in a new tooling - I was so looking forward to this kit and to find so many inaccuracies reported here and elsewhere is a real heartsink. Nevertheless, I'll build it up - the turrets look fantastic! (I'm used to '60s mouldings and thought that the Airfix Defiant was a work of art back then as a nipper!) I've followed the accurising threads with avidity over the last few months and it's so fascinating to see the detail that primo modellers (you know who you are!) will put into their representations. I guess that a lot of the lurkers and semi-lurkers (me included) just wish we had the patience, application and sheer talent! I suppose what I'm trying to say is thanks for sharing a great build of a slightly dodgy but nevertheless detailed Halifax kit! Gives us all hope!

a bit of paint, i decided not to airbrush this one, i want a nice relaxing build with no hassle it does look a lot better thn in the photos honestley

2012-04-24185741.jpg

Edited by markmarples

That's looking really good Mark. When you say you have sanded the paint back, was that using fine grit wet & dry or nail buffer? I have had problems with camouflage in the past and wondered how to recover the situation.

That's looking really good Mark. When you say you have sanded the paint back, was that using fine grit wet & dry or nail buffer? I have had problems with camouflage in the past and wondered how to recover the situation.

i vert lightly filled the l;umps and bumps back with a fine sanding stick, the n baby wiped them all them added Klear and carried on as normal, its not perfect but its 80% better

That is looking right sharp in the CC scheme, Mark. Despite the inaccuracies of this kit, it does look like it builds nicely. I think I need to buy me one.

Regards,

Jason

It may not be accurate in some details. But, it looks like a Halifax.

Well it looks like one to me also, and I have to do one in the CC scheme. Beautiful!

Regards,

Jason

thanks chaps she is far from perfect, but the idea wanst to be too fussy on this one just has fun and beat the monotany of my stalled tornado build

Edited by markmarples