Revell 1/72 Fw 190 R-11 & A-8

Hi everyone, I have started late and will build the Revell night fighter OOB, if there is time before the end I will build the Revell F-8 Hagelkorn test aircraft.

This is my first GB here so, here we go with a boxshot-

tankfighter1-M.jpg

Followed by the sprues in the bag-

tankfighter2-M.jpg

and then the basic pre-painting done ready for assembly, the canopy frame has been cutaway as I will build the canopy in the open position.

tankfighter3-M.jpg

With the paint dry I can properly begin assembly tomorrow so I will sign off until then.

David.

Edited by lancfan

Thanks Mick, Steve.

Here is the second boxshot, I was going to build consecutively but have changed my mind and will build them together.

tankfighter4-M.jpg

Here are both sets of parts all pre-painted and ready to be built, work will start tomorrow.

Image lost

David.

Edited by lancfan

I could not wait and assembled the cockpits earlier tonight followed by the wings and then both fuselages.

The picture below shows the two cockpits finished and ready to be fitted into the fuselage halves.

Image Lost

Here are both fuselage and wing assemblies set aside to dry until morning.

Image Lost

David.

Edited by lancfan

Both wings are here is place, whilst I wait for these to dry I will separate the elevators from the tailplanes and when the wing joins have been filled the tail assemblies can then be fitted with the elevators realistically droopy.

Image Lost

David.

Edited by lancfan

Here the wings have been painted.

tankfighter12-X2.jpg

Followed by the rest of the camouflage, this was slightly delayed because I messed up one side of the night fighter and had to repair the mottle.

tankfighter15-X2.jpg

David.

Edited by lancfan

Just thought I would mention it before anyone else does so . . yes I have used the wrong grey on the decking . . . looked the same when it was wet, that will teach me to look at the label on top of the tub next time. I blame it on a lack of alchohol . . maybe I should go get a glass of wine before I ruin the whole model. :dunce:

David.

I realised why I had picked up the wrong pot of paint . . the correct one was so close to empty when I had finished that I washed it out and placed it in my box of mixed paints as a mixing tub - the different pot was in the same place in another paint box occupied by the old colour. further it is a Revell colour (as most of mine are) and the nearest stockist of Revell Aqua is not near and I won't be able to get over there for a fortnight at least. The new colour I have picked is the nearest Humbrol which is in fact a pretty close match, anyway you can decide when I post the next pictures with the decals in place. Hagelcorn bomb has also been assembled and painted at this stage.

tankfighter17-M.jpg

David.

Edited by lancfan

Nice stuff David, to a Luftwaffe dunce like me, they look great - good work. enjoy the vino! Hic!

:popcorn: Tick Tock.

Indeed!

Just finishing off the canopies prior to fitting them and all is done.

The Twins should be finished, photographed and posted online by 14.00 today.

slight hiccup, make that 17.00 today :S

David.

Edited by lancfan